What Are You Eating Thread

11sanchez11

On 1/30/2018 at 2:02 PM, Tyty said:

I think when humanity started eating weird things, they weren't smart enough to say no or get upset when a chicken wasn't free range grass fed 

I had a lady at the store ask me which of our animals were treated the most humanely cause those are the only animals she’ll eat. I told her none of them and she looked like she was gonna light me on fire after work.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Made chicken wings for the SB. Made 20 lbs. for the party and they turned out awesome...

I make sure the skin is dried and then toss them in deep fryer for 10-12 minutes. Had three different sauces: standard hot sauce, honey BBQ and a garlic parm...

Everyone loved them, except for one guy, who said to me he prefers the wings 'breaded' and then fired. I told him to GTFO...

Am I wrong? Simply naked and fried is the way to go...

Both wings are fine. But the guy was wrong for finding it necessary to say something was wrong with a host’s food.

2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I had a lady at the store ask me which of our animals were treated the most humanely cause those are the only animals she’ll eat.

I'm trying to make logical sense of this and am failing to do so.

"This chicken was treated well before being slaughtered for his flesh? Oh great NOMNOMNOMNOM"

Just now, cddolphin said:

I'm trying to make logical sense of this and am failing to do so.

"This chicken was treated well before being slaughtered for his flesh? Oh great NOMNOMNOMNOM"

I get it with stuff like eggs and milk.  Don't want to support places that treat chickens or cows like **** to get milk and eggs, and I prefer buying free range eggs, but at the point of the animal's death, that animal is free from any suffering it might have endured, so you might as well eat it. 

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

We eat a LOT of ground turkey... mix it 50/50 with Italian sausage and make burgers with like 1/2” tomato slices 

Yup, wife and I opt for ground turkey over beef each time. I can't even tell you the last time I prepared ground beef - definitely before I was married.

We've done the turkey/sausage burgers before - finely chopped up some onions and jalepenos, hit em with a little garlic powder and powdered ranch, throw em on the grill - life changing burger right there.

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I had a lady at the store ask me which of our animals were treated the most humanely cause those are the only animals she’ll eat. I told her none of them and she looked like she was gonna light me on fire after work.

funny. i asked the same question last time i was at a pet store and they looked at me like I was the nutcase

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Maybe you were the most humanely treated animal she saw 

Archived