Team Needs?

Ghostnote

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think I counted Davis as a DT for some reason.

But still 12 sacks from the whole unit is atrocious. Hughes is a shadow of what he once was. He just fly's up field and that's it. Lawson has been a disappointment from a pass rush stand point. 

I would argue that after QB DE and SLB are 2a and 2b in terms of needs. 

Yeah. Pass rush has been terrible but since Ryan Davis has been getting more playing time we have had 9 sacks in the past 4 weeks. That's not to bad. Considering one of those games was in a snow storm with almost zero passing and QB drop backs. We have had 3 sacks in 2 of the past 3 weeks. Pass rush is at least jmproving as season wears on... WRs have not.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah. Pass rush has been terrible but since Ryan Davis has been getting more playing time we have had 9 sacks in the past 4 weeks. That's not to bad. Considering one of those games was in a snow storm with almost zero passing and QB drop backs. We have had 3 sacks in 2 of the past 3 weeks. Pass rush is at least jmproving as season wears on... WRs have not.

Well with the QB situation being what it is and Mathews out for the year I don't really expect the WR's to progress. Benjamin has been effective when he plays but its clear the knee issue will linger until the end of the season. 

Like I said before, better QB play next season will make the WR's better even if it is the exact same group. Whereas IMO even if we added two stout DT's, I don't see this group of DE's being anything special. 

On 12/22/2017 at 1:53 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Well with the QB situation being what it is and Mathews out for the year I don't really expect the WR's to progress. Benjamin has been effective when he plays but its clear the knee issue will linger until the end of the season. 

Like I said before, better QB play next season will make the WR's better even if it is the exact same group. Whereas IMO even if we added two stout DT's, I don't see this group of DE's being anything special. 

I could see us adding but I would not mind letting Ryan Davis get his shot on other side from Lawson. Shaq is the best DE we have at setting the edge. Davis has been a monster these past two weeks. Would be nice to see what he could do on a more consistent basis. I wouldn't mind starting him and Lawson. Then sub Hughes for Lawson as a 3rd down pass rusher. 

I think making those two moves could increase our sack totals without adding anyone to the mix. I wouldn't expect a complete 180 but making those two changes in lineups I believe could make a significant difference.

Archived