Team Needs?

Ghostnote

6 hours ago, mountainpd said:

1) LB

2) G

3) C

4) CB

5) QB

I would try and bring Pouncey back as a Guard if he is willing to tack a pay cut and draft a Centre but guessing he will still demand the big bucks.

We have seen Pouncey at OG a couple times during his pro career and the results have been mixed at best. 

I definitely don’t see LB as our top need.  Timmons has had a solid season, Alonso has strengths and weaknesses but is overall solid, Chase Allen and Stephane Anthony will be solid depth players and McMillan should be returning from injury to take over the Mike spot.  If there is an elite LB talent available when we pick I’m sure we would draft him but that doesn’t mean it’s our top need.......especially not over OG and TE.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:11 PM, freak_of_nature said:

Then Godcheux and Co. would be depth. That's not bad. I don't see Phillips being retained after 2018. 

Ya I don’t feel like we are targeting a DT, but we are in position once again to grab a player of value in round 1.  I think our current GM and scouting department really trusts their evaluations and looks for those players that they feel should have been drafted a few picks earlier, at least in round 1.  I think they obviously felt that way about Tunsil and I think they felt that way about Harris.

So if a DT like Wilkins falls to us then I think they would absolutely draft him and then look to hit on a bigger need like TE or OG in round 2.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not sure I'm ready to call QB a need, perhaps I'm being an optimist here, but I think we can win with Tannehill. Seeing how much of a downgrade Cutler and Moore has been this year makes me really value Tannehill more.

I list it as our top need from the perspective of a backup that can challenge Tannehill for a season or two before winning the starting job.  Right now that’s something we just don’t have on our roster.  tannehill is our starter without a doubt but he’s missed a season and a half so far with injury over the last two seasons, and he isn’t nearly as cheap as a QB that’s in his rookie contract.  It’s a QB and coach driven league so the problem of having too many QBs or coaches is no problem at all.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not sure I'm ready to call QB a need, perhaps I'm being an optimist here, but I think we can win with Tannehill. Seeing how much of a downgrade Cutler and Moore has been this year makes me really value Tannehill more.

Agree. Tannehill is a damn good QB whom I've always supported. Love his accuracy. I would however like to see us acquire some competent young talent behind him that we could hopefully develop in case of either another injury to Tannehill or for future trade bait.

Archived