Team Needs?

Ghostnote

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would be

1. Oline- G in particular. Oline was terrible all year. i see us needing 2 both guard positions(possibly a guy who is versatile enough to play both guard and center)  Price from OSU(can play bot c/g) or Nelson from ND in the first or Clapp(c/g) or Malone(both from LSU) in rd 2-4. i wouldnt be surprised to see 2 G/Cs and a T(late unless a top 5 guy slips to 11)

2. LB-mainly ILB(even with McMillian returning) but a stud OLB would be hard to pass up). Smith from Georgia would be my choice 1st rd but Cam Smith fron USC in the or 3rd is an option or Kiser from Virginia later rd4-6. ILB may be our 2nd biggest need behind guard. 

3. TE-0 production out of this position this year). Some very good options here in rds 2-5. Andrews from OK, Gesicki from ND, Herndon from Mia( whom i like a lot), Fumagalli from Wis(also a big fan of his). fumagalli could be the most solid overall, good blocker, makes catches in traffic, great hands(amazing considering he has 9 fingers), could be a steal in later rounds 4-6

4. QB-personally i like Tanny and think he'll have a strong year but he's a 30yo QB coming off a major knee injury, and a history of injuries. A good young guy behind him is a big need. Moore and Fales i don't see returning next year. Mayfield, Falk or Benkert possibly in the second(no Lamar Jackson, i see him being a bust or a position change guy)

5. FS a lot of people may not agree here as we have to good safeties. However, neither of our guys is a FS and cant run with the likes of Gronk and Kelsie in pass coverage. need a guy who can play that true FS role as well as CB(like Fitzpatrick from Alabama or Blanding from Virginia) 

****RB is another position. id like to see a complementary guy behind drake(a thumper like Scarbrough from Bama)

***DE/DT need to get some dept and youth. young pass rushers are always in demand

**K resign Parkey. He was probably our most consistent offense this season

14 hours ago, finzfan77 said:

coming off a major knee injury, and a history of injuries.

This is patently false. Tannehill started 77 straight games and as far as I can remember never so much as popped up on the injury report until his ACL injury. This is also within the context of being the most hit QB, bar none, from 2012 - 2015.

I guess I will post this in the team needs section, as it is all rumor right now. Apparently, Landry's agent is asking for 14.5 million for the first year, increasing to 16 in years 2 and 3, and 17 in year 4, as the STARTING POINT to retain Landry. Landry wants top 5 WR money. It is also being reported that Landry will not sign a back loaded deal. I was hoping for something like 10 million in the first year, 14 in year two, 16 in year 3, 18 in year 4 with nothing guaranteed after year 3, that way the team has a way out if Landry regresses with age. This is the reason that the Dolphins have not been able to resign Landry up to this point. The Miami Herald is going so far as to say that Landry will not be back next season, as there are a couple of teams with tons of salary cap space that can easily afford Landry. The Raiders, Cowboys, Panthers, Bengals, Packers, Rams, Lions, Titans, Texans, Vikings, Colts, and 49ers all will have over 20 million in cap space, and all have stable QB positions. Landry can do allot better than the Dolphins financially, and the Dolphins can't really afford his asking price. Some of these teams made the playoffs this year.

59 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

I guess I will post this in the team needs section, as it is all rumor right now. Apparently, Landry's agent is asking for 14.5 million for the first year, increasing to 16 in years 2 and 3, and 17 in year 4, as the STARTING POINT to retain Landry.

Bye, Felicia.

I love Landry, despite his knuckle-headedness, but he simply isn't worth that price tag. Not to this cap-strapped team, not with this many holes on the roster.

I've been saying it since last year: Dolphins should stand firm at $12m/year with higher than normal guarantees (he's proven to be durable despite his style of play).

On 1/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, cddolphin said:

This is patently false. Tannehill started 77 straight games and as far as I can remember never so much as popped up on the injury report until his ACL injury. This is also within the context of being the most hit QB, bar none, from 2012 - 2015.

Point taken. Technically it was the the same injury that cost him this season and the end of last season. 

Landry, who cost the team $1.1 million in 2017, wants to be among the highest-paid wide receivers in the NFL. He may not be shooting for the $17 million per season that Antonio Brown got (and deserved) from the Pittsburgh Steelers. But right now Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Davante Adams and Demaryius Thomas average between $14-14.5 million per season and Landry believes he belongs with or above that group.

They [Miami] see a player who doesn’t pay attention to details. They see a player who sometimes runs the right routes and sometimes doesn’t. They see a player who sometimes inspires with his emotions, but sometimes loses control and hurts his team. They see a player who doesn’t lead in the locker room although he’s in a great position to do so.

They see a player who doesn’t seem to respect his coaches because he often ignores what they ask. They see a player who has been, in the words of multiple sources, “a pain” to deal with and “hard to reach.”

So the Dolphins probably would like to keep Landry but because of that back story, they want it mostly on their terms. Because there’s no way to predict how a player who didn’t do what the team wanted all the time when he was trying to get a new contract will comport himself once he’s already paid.

Less than an hour after Armando posts his column, Landry responds:

Landry on the right team can make an impact. If he is paired with a solid alpha WR, he can cause havoc in the middle of the field. Without a real downfield threat, and a QB that can get the ball to that downfield threat, Landry will be limited. Put him on the Cowboys, and he will be good for 100 receptions a year, 16 TD's, and a thousand yards.

Landry on the Texans would be frightening. Top teams for 2018 cap space as of now.

49ers $114,977,626      
Browns $110,564,132        
Colts $82,081,010        
Jets $74,429,406        
Buccaneers $61,478,282        
Vikings $57,052,939        
Texans $56,665,767        
Titans $52,961,176        
Redskins $52,169,672        
Lions $46,504,502        
Rams $45,432,500        
Bears $41,654,754