49ers extend FB Kyle Juszczyk

RaidersAreOne

40 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I see we're too lazy to spell that last name

And it is actually so easy to spell. Once your mind adapts to the zcz it goes down like water.

I am really really happy that he stays. He has been here since day one of KS and JL, and he is always a very positive person. A leader in the locker room and a hard working guy on the field who doesn't mind doing the dirty work... and he can catch and if necessary run for a few. He is a pillar of this team. Would have been heartbroken if he would have left us.

Edited by NinerFever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Best Fullback in the league.

Possibly the only FB left in the league, as far as i actually know or could list by name.

Ricard is great for Baltimore. There are still a few, but none that are versatile like him. Not close. 

34 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Ricard is great for Baltimore. There are still a few, but none that are versatile like him. Not close. 

It's shocking how extreme it's got these days.

There's basically a guaranteed way to make money as a FB though...

Step 1:  Put a Clause in your Contract for Pro Bowl Bonus.

Step 2:  Be a Fullback that exists.

Step 3:  Profit???

With how undisciplined NFL front 7 players are, I am shocked we don’t see more quick traps. It’s best done with a fullback. I feel like it absolutely gashes teams and neuters the aggression of an interior rush.

If the 3-tech doesn’t get his head across the trap block in .5 seconds, it’s an easy 10 yards. 

Edited by BetterCallSaul

19 hours ago, NinerFever said:

And it is actually so easy to spell. Once your mind adapts to the zcz it goes down like water.

I am really really happy that he stays. He has been here since day one of KS and JL, and he is always a very positive person. A leader in the locker room and a hard working guy on the field who doesn't mind doing the dirty work... and he can catch and if necessary run for a few. He is a pillar of this team. Would have been heartbroken if he would have left us.

He is like that because he had to make a position switch to make it in the NFL. He was the starting TE at Harvard, but was told by NFL teams he wasn't big enough to play TE in the NFL (notably the Ravens) during the pre-draft process, so if he wanted a chance to make a roster then he would have to change positions to Fullback. That's why he is a 'weapon'. He's not some amazing fullback who learned how to catch and can run really well, he was a highlight making receiving TE in college who bulked up and learned how to block to earn a roster spot.

Its also why it still triggers me that 11 years later announcers are still mindblown when he makes a catch up the sidelines and can run with it.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3