Team Needs?

Ghostnote

I think you guys are underrating ILB as a need. That's the most obvious starting deficiency besides WR. Also, I want to invest in QBoTF sooner rather than later. I think Howard is near decent and his contract for next year is good value. He'll definitely be cut for '19 though. 

1. WR

2. ILB

3. QB

--gap---

4. RT

5. OG

1. WR- No one for the future or present, Wallace is the only somewhat threat and like the rest is highly inconsistent.

2. ILB- Correa was a horrid pick, and both Peanut and CJ are too soft. Mosley isn't worth the money he'll command and has become an uncomfortable conversation point.

3. TE- Watson is old and the rest are only built for blocking. A dynamic weapon at the position is sorely missed.

4. S- Weddle is overrated, soft, and old, a bad combination. Jefferson has been utilized incorrectly at times but is also under performing, soft, and has the early markings of a bad pick up. A true center fielder, enforcer, or do-it-all is an underrated need for the team, we need someone at the position who can tackle.

5. Edge- I believe Bowser will grow into a star and Williams should be improved next year but Suggs is old and Judon isn't a premier pass rusher. We need another Ace to grow with Bowser.

6. RS- Getting a dynamic weapon returning punts and kicks is more important for our team than any other so long as we have Justin Tucker.

7. RT- Alex Lewis will get his shot and Howard is there, but if the opportunity presents itself to nab a bonafide bookend to Stanley, why not take advantage?

8. CB-  I've said from the beginning Humphrey is an All-Pro at corner or safety and getting another talented cover man to add to our stacked group could add positional flexibility. Also injuries are unpredictable and never having enough corners is a repeated saying for a reason, but in Baltimore it means just a little bit more. Jimmy will go down at some point more likely than not and his contract/substance pop make him expendable in a couple years.

9. HB- Backfields need more than one dynamic weapon and beyond that reliability, Dixon is a person of interest for us going forward.

10. QB- It's hard to know what to make of Joe at this point, an all time clutch QB but his disappearing acts have become too frequent for comfort. Questions about him being "broken" after his injury persist. All pointing to now being a key time to identify our future single caller as we ride Joe Cool into the sunset. We'll see just how far away that sunset is. 

12 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

1. WR- No one for the future or present, Wallace is the only somewhat threat and like the rest is highly inconsistent.

2. ILB- Correa was a horrid pick, and both Peanut and CJ are too soft. Mosley isn't worth the money he'll command and has become an uncomfortable conversation point.

3. TE- Watson is old and the rest are only built for blocking. A dynamic weapon at the position is sorely missed.

4. S- Weddle is overrated, soft, and old, a bad combination. Jefferson has been utilized incorrectly at times but is also under performing, soft, and has the early markings of a bad pick up. A true center fielder, enforcer, or do-it-all is an underrated need for the team, we need someone at the position who can tackle.

5. Edge- I believe Bowser will grow into a star and Williams should be improved next year but Suggs is old and Judon isn't a premier pass rusher. We need another Ace to grow with Bowser.

6. RS- Getting a dynamic weapon returning punts and kicks is more important for our team than any other so long as we have Justin Tucker.

7. RT- Alex Lewis will get his shot and Howard is there, but if the opportunity presents itself to nab a bonafide bookend to Stanley, why not take advantage?

8. CB-  I've said from the beginning Humphrey is an All-Pro at corner or safety and getting another talented cover man to add to our stacked group could add positional flexibility. Also injuries are unpredictable and never having enough corners is a repeated saying for a reason, but in Baltimore it means just a little bit more. Jimmy will go down at some point more likely than not and his contract/substance pop make him expendable in a couple years.

9. HB- Backfields need more than one dynamic weapon and beyond that reliability, Dixon is a person of interest for us going forward.

10. QB- It's hard to know what to make of Joe at this point, an all time clutch QB but his disappearing acts have become too frequent for comfort. Questions about him being "broken" after his injury persist. All pointing to now being a key time to identify our future single caller as we ride Joe Cool into the sunset. We'll see just how far away that sunset is. 

Putting edge above RT seems insane in my book.

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Not getting adequate pressure on the quarterback this year hurt us more than average play from our RT has.

The difference being the Ravens already having young, talented guys on the roster that should project into being better pass-rushers while right tackle is... Austin Howard. Unless Lewis moves there, which I'm still in-favor of. Unlikely though with Siragusa coming off a major injury of his own. 

Also, Judon is fine. If Bowser really develops and Williams is impactful as he should be (sans Pees), then the edge is good. Smith is pretty decent too. He's been a bit of an Antwan Barnes this year in creating a bunch of pressure but not finishing, but that's still useful. Especially as the 4th guy on the EDGE depth chart.

I don’t really look at it as positions we need. We need playmakers. Period. Playmakers at the skill positions. Playmakers in the front 7. Be it WR, TE, DE, Edge etc

And I don’t believe RT is anyone’s biggest need. It’s a position filled with guys not athletic enough to play LT that most teams  are mediocre at best at

If I was to pick a position, WR probably. We need to get some guys that can AT LEAST catch the ball

Anyways, if I had to limit it to a top five needs list that doesn't include coaching, it would be:

WR

RT

FS

ILB

QB

With heavy emphasis on slot CB (depending on Young's return from injury), and TE being in the mix. Especially if a QB worth developing isn't there for the Ravens in the top three rounds. 

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

The difference being the Ravens already having young, talented guys on the roster that should project into being better pass-rushers while right tackle is... Austin Howard. Unless Lewis moves there, which I'm still in-favor of. Unlikely though with Siragusa coming off a major injury of his own. 

Also, Judon is fine. If Bowser really develops and Williams is impactful as he should be (sans Pees), then the edge is good. Smith is pretty decent too. He's been a bit of an Antwan Barnes this year in creating a bunch of pressure but not finishing, but that's still useful. Especially as the 4th guy on the EDGE depth chart.

Already having Arthur Brown was the argument for not drafting Mosley. I don’t think you can assume you don’t need a position until the guys you have actually show you something 

Judon is awesome though 

Archived