15 Shabazz Muhammad SF 24 6-6 223 UCLA  
-- Justin Patton C 20 7-0 230 Creighton $2,247,480
33 Adreian Payne PF 26 6-10 237 Michigan State $2,022,240
4 Brandon Rush SG 32 6-6 225 Kansas  
44 Jeff Teague PG 29 6-2 186 Wake Forest $19,000,000
32 Karl-Anthony Towns C 21 7-0 244 Kentucky $6,216,840
22 Andrew Wiggins SG 22 6-8 199 Kansas $7,574,323
Coach: Tom Thibodeau

Sounds like they are getting ready to make a trade for Kyrie Irving and seeing if he can keep his #2 jersey.  If you guys do get Irving, I hope he does great with you guys.  I've already sorta wanted to pay more attention to you guys and Philly since last year and what I expected the growth to be, but with Irving I'm going to definitely have to up my game, especially since I think Teague/Irving can definitely be on the court at the same time with either playing off-guard as needed.  Should be amazing to watch.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:22 PM, Raves said:

Sounds like they are getting ready to make a trade for Kyrie Irving and seeing if he can keep his #2 jersey.  If you guys do get Irving, I hope he does great with you guys.  I've already sorta wanted to pay more attention to you guys and Philly since last year and what I expected the growth to be, but with Irving I'm going to definitely have to up my game, especially since I think Teague/Irving can definitely be on the court at the same time with either playing off-guard as needed.  Should be amazing to watch.

Did anyone give Butler permission to wear #21 is more important iyam...

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

EDIT disregard, had to check, he's going #23

Yeah 23 is what he wanted in when he went into the NBA but obviously in Chicago #23 is off limits. He decided to go with #23 when he got to Minnesota.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

heard the offer didnt include Wiggins. No Butler, Wiggins, or KAT, who the hell could Minny offer?

Great question. I can't imagine Cleveland would take any offer seriously that didn't at least start with Andrew Wiggins.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:16 PM, TENINCH said:
On 8/4/2017 at 2:10 PM, buno67 said:

heard the offer didnt include Wiggins. No Butler, Wiggins, or KAT, who the hell could Minny offer?

Great question. I can't imagine Cleveland would take any offer seriously that didn't at least start with Andrew Wiggins.

It would have to be several 1st round picks, Bazz, and I'm not sure whom else, Gorgui?

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

It would have to be several 1st round picks, Bazz, and I'm not sure whom else, Gorgui?

several 1st rd picks would not be worth it. If you are not getting Wiggins in the trade. That Minny team has a young core in Butler, Wiggins, Irving, and KAT. That team is going to be making the playoffs for at least the next 5 years or so. Those picks are going to be pretty useless.

I don't think I would include Wiggins.  I like the core group we have, and while it would be great to add Irving as he could be the missing piece, I want to keep our young guys together.  I would wait until December and reevaluate at that time (if he's still available)...

11 hours ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I don't think I would include Wiggins.  I like the core group we have, and while it would be great to add Irving as he could be the missing piece, I want to keep our young guys together.  I would wait until December and reevaluate at that time (if he's still available)...

You aren't getting him without Wiggins, so waiting until December to re-evaluate is worthless.  If Wiggins is permanently off the table, then Minnesota is out of the running.

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

several 1st rd picks would not be worth it. If you are not getting Wiggins in the trade. That Minny team has a young core in Butler, Wiggins, Irving, and KAT. That team is going to be making the playoffs for at least the next 5 years or so. Those picks are going to be pretty useless.

Oh I agree, without Wiggins there is likely no chance of him coming to Minnesota. I was putting that out as a speculative question, what would it take if you didn't include Wiggins. Looking at the Wolves roster, Tyus Jones, Bazz, Dieng, and Patton are the few pieces that could make any sense to trade, as well as picks. None of that packaged together seems like enough to get Irving without Wiggins, but that's the young talent beyond the core of players that the Wolves have.

Archived