Team Needs?

Ghostnote

Really the top 3 are so far above everyone else it's ridiculous.   But yeah as @BroncosFan2010 noted we're also thin depth-wise everywhere but S, so we shouldn't be too worried about need - everywhere but S could be justified as #4/#5. 

What sucks is that the FA market for T is beyond awful this year (again, what made going after Whitworth last year in FA a no-brainer).  That's going to be a big temptation for Elway & FO to go need rather than overall BPA sooner or later with RT....at least with QB, we're not necessarily locked in at 1.x for that position, could be 2.x, or stopgap 1-year FA.   

1. QB

2. RT

3. ILB

4. TE

5. DL Pass rusher

6. WR

Corner back is the wild card if we trade/cut Talib. Realistically we might need to live through next season without three good corners if we move Talib. Rebuilding-ish teams don't really have luxuries like that. I think Elway will do what he can to keep Talib around if he is trying to put off the full rebuild, which I think he is 

QB: We've tried a few options the last couple of years and nothing's really panned out, so it's time to go find the next starter.

RT: Been the worst position on our OL for years. We've found out solution at LT in Bolles and quite possibly at RG in McGovern, but we need a Right Tackle in the worst way.

ILB: Todd Davis is a free agent and hasn't been that good anyway.

WR/TE: I'll lump this together, we need some kind of weapon for the QB other than Thomas and Sanders. Maybe Carlos Henderson or Jake Butt can make the leap but we should invest heavily in weapons on offense. I think we're ok at RB but wouldn't be opposed to Saquon Barkley if he was somehow available.

OLB: I think we missed having four starting calibre OLBs this year, it really showed through when Ray got hurt. I wouldn't be opposed to signing an older guy to replace the Demarcus Ware role. I also think Demarcus Walker needs to go back to 3-4 DE so it's key we have depth at OLB.

Assuming Kirk Cousin is too expensive , Tyrod Taylor not exceptionnal , Eli Manning too old and poor arm , Broncos have a choice to take a QB in draft or go FA Nick Foles at QB.

Josh Rosen and Mason Rudlph are pocket passer and with our Offensive Line it is impossible without danger. Sam Darnold is suspect and say if the Browns have a top pick he is not declare to the draft but have a potential and Lamar Jackson have too many risk. Denver will not take a QB in 2018 NFL Draft and go with Foles.

Denver dont let go Paxton Lynch after 2 years , we will go with Foles , Lynch , Siemian and Chad kelly in pre season.

Holes are: 

ILB: We need a tackle machine with speed who can cover a TE and slot WR

OT: The right side is porous more the RT position as everybody see.

This is 2 positions that will need to improve badly. So we willnot have a top ten pick. TRADE DOWN between 15/20 take the best OT and lure a 1st round next year to have 2 first and a possibility to take a QB (Kelly Bryant or Darnold if not declare this year and improve)

The 3rd position is WR , Fowler is out , Sunshine completely lost this year ....we have put Booker at slot position sometimes. We need to take a solid WR and put Sanders in slot with his speed and agility he can make some noise and touch more ball.

Finally we nedd depth at OLB ....and put Demarcus Walker back at DE.

This is my vision certainly not John Elway and FO !!!:P

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 5:10 PM, French Fan said:

Assuming Kirk Cousin is too expensive , Tyrod Taylor not exceptionnal , Eli Manning too old and poor arm , Broncos have a choice to take a QB in draft or go FA Nick Foles at QB.

Josh Rosen and Mason Rudlph are pocket passer and with our Offensive Line it is impossible without danger. Sam Darnold is suspect and say if the Browns have a top pick he is not declare to the draft but have a potential and Lamar Jackson have too many risk. Denver will not take a QB in 2018 NFL Draft and go with Foles.

Denver dont let go Paxton Lynch after 2 years , we will go with Foles , Lynch , Siemian and Chad kelly in pre season.

Holes are: 

ILB: We need a tackle machine with speed who can cover a TE and slot WR

OT: The right side is porous more the RT position as everybody see.

This is 2 positions that will need to improve badly. So we willnot have a top ten pick. TRADE DOWN between 15/20 take the best OT and lure a 1st round next year to have 2 first and a possibility to take a QB (Kelly Bryant or Darnold if not declare this year and improve)

The 3rd position is WR , Fowler is out , Sunshine completely lost this year ....we have put Booker at slot position sometimes. We need to take a solid WR and put Sanders in slot with his speed and agility he can make some noise and touch more ball.

Finally we nedd depth at OLB ....and put Demarcus Walker back at DE.

This is my vision certainly not John Elway and FO !!!:P

Why in the world would the Broncos go after Foles?  He is aweful.  He got bench for Sudafed; I'd just assume play Brock.  Or, if you want to go after a 1A backup...I'd at least see how the QB situation in Minnesota shakes out then go after one of those guys.  

Archived