53 Man Roster Projection

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Could drop Day and add Dielman. Always loved Kris Dielman's game, wonder if they are similar players?

Rams clearly want to put him to their PS, so we'd probably have to outpay them.  

Having said that, anyone is an upgrade on Day.  

We tried to claim him off the waiver wire when the Bengals waived him at final cuts, but the Rams were awarded him as their waiver priority was above ours. 

That suggests we were going to put him on the 53. You can't claim a guy off waivers onto the PS. Billy Turner would surely be the fall guy. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

We tried to claim him off the waiver wire when the Bengals waived him at final cuts, but the Rams were awarded him as their waiver priority was above ours. 

That suggests we were going to put him on the 53. You can't claim a guy off waivers onto the PS. Billy Turner would surely be the fall guy. 

Forgot we put the claim in...yeah he's no PS stash.

As for what we'd need to do - there is still the option to IR Brendan Langley.  Perfect move, I'm telling you....he's not contributing except ST, he can redshirt like C-Henderson.

21 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Forgot we put the claim in...yeah he's no PS stash.

As for what we'd need to do - there is still the option to IR Brendan Langley.  Perfect move, I'm telling you....he's not contributing except ST, he can redshirt like C-Henderson.

I don't really see it. Langley saw some snaps in dime formations on Monday, plus backup corners are perfect special teamers. Langley is only going on IR if his injury is a genuine season ender, and if that is the case then we'll probably sign Chris Lewis-Harris back in to replace Langley with Doss moving up to 4th on the depth chart.

Think is we already have Garcia AND McGovern AND Turner as interior OL backups. There's no way we bring another one in without cutting one of the first three. My gut feeling is they see McGovern's long term future as a Guard to tried to bring in a backup C so they could move him back to Guard (and probably cut Turner)

10 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I don't really see it. Langley saw some snaps in dime formations on Monday, plus backup corners are perfect special teamers. Langley is only going on IR if his injury is a genuine season ender, and if that is the case then we'll probably sign Chris Lewis-Harris back in to replace Langley with Doss moving up to 4th on the depth chart.

Think is we already have Garcia AND McGovern AND Turner as interior OL backups. There's no way we bring another one in without cutting one of the first three. My gut feeling is they see McGovern's long term future as a Guard to tried to bring in a backup C so they could move him back to Guard (and probably cut Turner)

Re: OL, I'm not attached to Turner at all, no problem if we cut bait to get a guy like Dielman on the squad - just that as long as Leary's in the concussion protocol, I'm not sure they want to cut bodies if they bring Dielman in.  Once Leary's good, yeah, I can totally see Turner going.    Now, if they don't create space, they have to cut someone.  

Re: Langley, if he's really a ST ace, then it's fine to keep him if the injury isn't serious.    If he's not really helping on ST but more JAG there...well, you get the idea.

Langley didn't play on defense, you might be thinking of Carter. Check out the link to Monday's snap counts in the game day thread. Had no idea PFR even made that resource available but it's awesome that they do. 

Langley is probably viewed as a core special teamer. Doss doesn't have the size, straight line speed or physicality to replace what Langley's capable of there. 

If Bolles is out for a while, picking up Dielman so we can let Barbre swing at T (and let McGovern play LG), and then use Dielman as our swing G/C, just makes too much sense.  Hopefully we don't need it but if we do....we wanted him enough to claim him on waivers, would be great if we keep this in mind.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

McGovern won't be starting at LG any time soon. He's still behind Max Garcia. 

Fair enough for now...I have my doubts on Garcia being our guy, but can't argue the present depth chart.  Either way, though, we could use additional C/G depth if we move Barbre to T.   Dielman and McGovern become our interior swing guys.   

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2017 at 3:40 PM, Broncofan said:

Chad Kelly and Jake Butt to IR.   Most likely outcome heading into season, hope for a full recovery and see what they have to offer in 2018 offseason and OTA's.

Those two will be joined on IR by Menelik Watson. 

Per Nicki at the DP

The Broncos’ offensive line shuffle continues.

On Wednesday the team placed starting right tackle Menelik Watson on season-ending injured reserve and signed former Buffalo Bills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio. Watson, who had been dealing with a calf injury that sidelined him for the Broncos’ Week 7 loss at Los Angeles, injured his foot last Sunday in Denver’s loss at Philadelphia.

Archived