Team Needs?

Ghostnote

Kicker - Don't need to explain...

D Tackle - Need help stopping the run and strengthening the front line. Haven't had that keep stopper since Jamal Williams.

O Tackle - Barksdale needs to go, he has been hurt a lot and even when not hurt he has struggled.

Middle Linebacker - Pullard isn't a starter and for some reason Jatavis Brown has not played well in this scheme. Need someone to go with Emanuel and Perryman

Quarterback - Time to get started on the future. Rivers' time is coming and we have no one on the roster who could even be a stop gap. I'd be willing to use a 1st to snag someone then let them sit behind Rivers and learn for 2 years.

Run stuffer should be priority 1. Payne and Wilkins fit the new scheme better than Vea would. Vea fits the old scheme better. If neither are available, I'm okay with Taking Roquan Smith. But if Derwin James is sitting there for us, we gotta take him, but Derwin is top 10, top 5. We gotta get that guy Carlson in rd 4 or 5 from Auburn to be our Kicker. Rd 2 should be QB all the way. Offensive line should be addressed in Free Agency.

A kicker... how ironic that the team that plays in a soccer stadium can’t find anyone that can kick a ball.

two offensive tackles.

1 corner

a safety

a NT and an UT. Both spots could easily be upgraded with a premium on anyone that can control two gaps. Barring a two gapper the premium goes to anyone that can offer that interior pass rush ability. This defense would be vicious with any kind of push from the inside and Ingram/Bosa coming off the edges. 

a late round TE

A WR with the ability to stay healthy and return kicks. Doesn’t need to be all world, a Tim Dwight or Reche Caldwell type would be fine. 

A RB that can run in between the tackles, and pass block. 

8 hours ago, SpanosPayYourRent said:

1. A kicker- please I can’t do that no more.

2. Improve our OL and get Gordon some better looks.

3. More Recieving weopans that actually play on there rookie years.

4. Better Linebackers

5. An actual stadium

Run Defense is #1 priority, and If we can get Christian Wilkins or Daron Payne, its smooth sailing on defense.

The Chargers are pretty much set outside of kicker. The run defense is poor, but run defense is the least important aspect of defense. They could use a young QB to potential takeover for Rivers in 2-4 years, but that isn't an urgent need either

1. Defensive Tackle - Liuget will either be cut or re-structured, either way he's underwhelming.  Mebane is meh.   I actually like our younger guys as rotational pieces (Square, Philon, Palepoi).  But if we had that one dominant guy in the middle, our defense would go to another level.  Hoping for Payne/Wilkins/Taven Bryan 

2. Offensive Tackle - I like our interior and we get Lamp back.  I think Okung was serviceable at Left so I'm ok with him for another year or so.  But Barksdale gotta go.  I can't see a first round value there at 17 on this though

3. ILB - Hoping for 2nd round value here in someone like Rashaan Evans or Jerome Baker

S - Been a need for as long as I can remember it seems

RB - This is a sneaky one for me but I'm unimpressed with Gordon and I have a feeling the head coach is too.   Remember the emphasis early was on establishing the run game and it never happened. If the right guy was sitting there, I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled the trigger

9 hours ago, game3525 said:

The Chargers are pretty much set outside of kicker. The run defense is poor, but run defense is the least important aspect of defense. They could use a young QB to potential takeover for Rivers in 2-4 years, but that isn't an urgent need either

Still though, Thats no reason to Ignore the Run D. Christian Wilkins and DaRon Payne should be the 2 players under serious consideration for that 17th overall pick

I definitely don't think they need to take a QB in the first unless they are completely sold on someone and they make it to 17th, which probably wont happen. I can't see using the pick on what could be the 5th or 6th QB off the board either, in that case you go with other positions because they should be graded overall much higher than the 5th/6th QB. I'd prefer waiting a little later to get someone like Ryan Finley (if he comes out) to groom at least as a backup, Clemons needs to go for real. I think DT/OT need to be our 1st/2nd rnd picks in either order depending on their board. 

I agree with game3525 that if they resign Boston then safety isn't a spot they even think of. I'm not even sold that they will resign him since I think Desmond King could slide in to take his spot especially with Verrett coming back (for at least a couple games /sigh). The CB position will be kind of full to start the year with Hayward the all pro, Williams who has improved way beyond what I thought he could be, King who's proved to be a draft steal, and getting Verrett back... so maybe pushing King to safety is the idea to go with to keep our best players on the field. There is no doubt he could do it in my eyes, dude might be the best tackler on the team too.

1 hour ago, Zappaz said:

I definitely don't think they need to take a QB in the first unless they are completely sold on someone and they make it to 17th, which probably wont happen. I can't see using the pick on what could be the 5th or 6th QB off the board either, in that case you go with other positions because they should be graded overall much higher than the 5th/6th QB. I'd prefer waiting a little later to get someone like Ryan Finley (if he comes out) to groom at least as a backup, Clemons needs to go for real. I think DT/OT need to be our 1st/2nd rnd picks in either order depending on their board. 

I agree with game3525 that if they resign Boston then safety isn't a spot they even think of. I'm not even sold that they will resign him since I think Desmond King could slide in to take his spot especially with Verrett coming back (for at least a couple games /sigh). The CB position will be kind of full to start the year with Hayward the all pro, Williams who has improved way beyond what I thought he could be, King who's proved to be a draft steal, and getting Verrett back... so maybe pushing King to safety is the idea to go with to keep our best players on the field. There is no doubt he could do it in my eyes, dude might be the best tackler on the team too.

Verrett is gonna get cut. cap casualty

Just now, chargerbuckeye said:

Benjamin is resourceful. Made big plays for us. No way we cut Benjamin. Verrett is a waste of space because he can't stay healthy

I doubt they will cut Benjamin. The point is they are not going to cut Verrett. They will give him one last chance to prove he can stay healthy.

Archived