Team Needs?

Ghostnote

In the meantime, this thread is under "draft needs" So on that note. Most have the philosophy of drafting the BPA regardless of position. This year's draft has potentially 4-5 QBs going in RD1. 

How would everyone feel if Dallas drafts one, bypassing very good prospects at DT/WR/DB/LB for a QB that would get first rd money, yet probably sit. All while NOT filling in very needed starting positions?

That possibility actually does exist IMO.

23 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Need the 

You're happy with the qb?

Yes I am.  Sure I see some bad throws and he needs more development but you can say that about any off the young up coming QB. (Wentz Goff)   We just need to improve protection and work on developing more throws into the offense and to trust not worry about making some throws.  On the pick six as he went off of his no 1 read he totally ignored a wide open Witten streaking deep   To go to a covered Dez then tried and failed a dump off to Zeke.  That is a coach able mistake. 

On 12/25/2017 at 11:27 PM, resilient part 2 said:

In the meantime, this thread is under "draft needs" So on that note. Most have the philosophy of drafting the BPA regardless of position. This year's draft has potentially 4-5 QBs going in RD1. 

How would everyone feel if Dallas drafts one, bypassing very good prospects at DT/WR/DB/LB for a QB that would get first rd money, yet probably sit. All while NOT filling in very needed starting positions?

That possibility actually does exist IMO.

This is not a possibility. There is no way this staff or Jerry gives up on Dak that easily. They didnt give up on Romo, who had a much less exciting first and second time starter stat line and he had far more to work with.

Gameday threads tell the tale of this teams fanbase - good play, take the lead, its all positive and high riding glory about how good we are. A turnover or lose the lead, its doom and gloom everyone sucks. I get it, you want your team to win. But real GMs, owners and coaches are not that fickle - they dont forget the good a player brings, they dont let a bad game or three dictate a players entire future, and they dont break off investments so easily.

Dak is this teams future. Like or hate it, he is, so get over it (not directed at anyone particular but the point remains)

On 12/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, quiller said:

Yes I am.  Sure I see some bad throws and he needs more development but you can say that about any off the young up coming QB. (Wentz Goff)   We just need to improve protection and work on developing more throws into the offense and to trust not worry about making some throws.  On the pick six as he went off of his no 1 read he totally ignored a wide open Witten streaking deep   To go to a covered Dez then tried and failed a dump off to Zeke.  That is a coach able mistake. 

Daks mistakes arent even tremendous or flawed football play. Many of them this year came with a free runner bearing down on him and Dak forcing a play when down and trying to rally. High passes have come out high when he is back stepping to avoid a rusher. At least 6 of his interceptions were 100% the fault of his receivers too. I can think of 4 off the top of my head but im certain theres at least two more.

Remove the high number of drops, the bad routes, the bad catch attempts and receiver caused interceptions, takeaway some missed kicks and blown saves/closures by the defense and Daks statline, and the teams record, looks substantially better.

Thats not Dak. Thats the team. Theres times when Dak was the only player on offense producing anything you could call offense. He isna second year guy who was forced to carry the whole team. Thats a tough task. 

I get it man, the QB is the one the camera shows and majority(id say 80% or more) of fans have very very little education in football. They see only tv camera angles and stat lines and blame the QB because its all they understand. But if you look at the whole picture, if you observe everything going on and understand the pass concepts and remember that there are 21+ other players taking thay field, you dont put every win and loss and pick and td on a QB. They are a piece of a grander puzzle and its unfair, and uneducated, to make them.the scapegoat and the champion of every good or bad team outing.

14 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

This is not a possibility. There is no way this staff or Jerry gives up on Dak that easily. They didnt give up on Romo, who had a much less exciting first and second time starter stat line and he had far more to work with.

Gameday threads tell the tale of this teams fanbase - good play, take the lead, its all positive and high riding glory about how good we are. A turnover or lose the lead, its doom and gloom everyone sucks. I get it, you want your team to win. But real GMs, owners and coaches are not that fickle - they dont forget the good a player brings, they dont let a bad game or three dictate a players entire future, and they dont break off investments so easily.

Dak is this teams future. Like or hate it, he is, so get over it (not directed at anyone particular but the point remains)

I think you missed my main point my main point is if the Cowboys have a quarterback as the highest-rated player do they draft them. Everyone on here seems to think always take the BPA

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think you missed my main point my main point is if the Cowboys have a quarterback as the highest-rated player do they draft them. Everyone on here seems to think always take the BPA

Parcells said it best -

Need has to meet opportunity

You can take the single best football player every time, but your best footballer available will also be ranked as such based on where your individual needs for said player are ranked

Also, its very rare a QB is ranked high on a board BPA-wise when a QB is not needed. Teams that rank em high usualy are those who need them

As Bill also once said, regarding drafting a Qb -

Your need for something always makes you blind you to the better opportunity. You dont buy hot dogs just because theyre on sale when you have hot dogs at home. But if youre hungry for a steak and its not on sale, youre going to still buy the steak because you dont have one, you want one, you know itll be good anyway, and even if its not a good price for that particular cut you justify buying it anyway. Sometimes you cook thatnsteak and its great, othertimes you realize you should have bought the hot dogs.

On 12/26/2017 at 12:36 AM, quiller said:

We dont need a QB. I mean if one is there like Rosen. Sure draft for trade bait. But we have Cooper Rush, and he made some nice plays in preseason. I see no reason right now why he can't be primary backup and God forbid if need be. Push Dak. 

Archived