Ghostnote

20 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

he will by default but slim chance. 

needs IMO

1. QB

2. OL

3. LB

4. CB

@mattbags2313- not sure how you and the other guys feel, matt, but I do not think of Davis Webb as being the starter, nor a franchise QB. I think if his ceiling as being an effective backup, who could occasionally win a game if the starter were injured, but I don't get the sense of the "WOW!" factor there that you want and need in a franchise guy. My hope is that whichever quarterback they draft in April, Darnold or Rosen or Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield, has that trait.

Needs will depend on who they resign.  They've got two of their "best" lineman hitting the open market in Weston Richburg and Justin Pugh.  Personally, I'd resign Richburg and let Pugh walk, was an early fan but not so much as of late.

With that said.

1.  LT - Flowers has never impressed me at left tackle, would probably have more luck on the right side.  Scheduled to become a free agent in 2019 the need is warranted regardless.  If he can play the right side it would resolve the need for right tackle.

2. RT - Bobby Hart is clearly not the answer.

3. Linebackers - 8 of them are slotted free agents.  With the biggest name being Devon Kennard.  

4. Running Back - Love that we drafted Wayne Gallman but both Shane Vereen and Orleans Darkwa are listed free agents, hoping we retain Darkwa.  

5. Guard - If the Giants decide to not resign Pugh, they'll need a replacement.

Most of the needs that I see as needs have been the same needs that the team has needed for some time.

I don't know what the team will do with their first pick, if they opt for a quarterback or actually address their needs.  Personally, I see no need to draft a quarterback as I'm perfectly content with Manning for the next two seasons and giving Webb the time to develop.

16 hours ago, bzane said:

@mattbags2313- not sure how you and the other guys feel, matt, but I do not think of Davis Webb as being the starter, nor a franchise QB. I think if his ceiling as being an effective backup, who could occasionally win a game if the starter were injured, but I don't get the sense of the "WOW!" factor there that you want and need in a franchise guy. My hope is that whichever quarterback they draft in April, Darnold or Rosen or Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield, has that trait.

agree 100%. I just think he gets a chance this season based off where he was drafted. Front office never wants to show failure

Archived