Week 15 Postgame: GB24 • CAR 31

Cakeshoppe

I don't have too much to say about the game itself. Defense played about as expected, AR was rusty, out of sync with receivers, and it looked like his arm strength isn't back to where he's used to it being. Just about every bad throw was underthrown. I don't have concerns about him long-term, and I don't think this result was too far off from what we saw from his return in 2013, when he got the win over the bears, but threw 2 picks and we needed a freak fumble recovery that CHI didn't even try for and a blown coverage on 4th and 8 to get the W.

Game outcome Monday night will determine if we are mathematically eliminated.

I'd play Rodgers until we're officially out of the playoffs, but under the assumption that ATL wins:

• Back to Hundo time
  • I'd give Janis, Geronimo, and Davis a significant bump in playing time on offense. Probably IR Adams since that's two nasty concussions already this year.
  • I'm officially done with Capers if I'm in charge. Today I watched the defense et shredded by TEs, receiving backs, and play action. Sound familiar. I know the secondary is depleted, but I honestly believe in most of the defensive pieces we have and it's frustrating to see them fail to execute to the level I think they are capable of week after week, year after year.
  • Draft/offseason priorities: Edge, CB, WR. Go for OL in the mid rounds. We need a shot of life in the offensive skill position, particularly at Receiver/TE. I really miss the explosiveness that this offense had in 2011-14. The second half of last year was great, but I feel like we're missing the big play potential that used to make the team so dangerous. We've stayed pretty static at the receiver positions the last several years while watching the guys we count on rack up injuries and age hat aren't doing them any favors.

Well, Pack kind of stunk it up today .. too many mistakes .. too many lapses.  You can't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to have any chance at winning in the NFL.  It's amazing the Packers we're still in this one at the end.  Carolina kind of took thir foot off the gas and it almost cost them.  What can you say about Rodgers ... he was gutty and tried to step up for the team today, but his play was nowhere near good enough.  The three underthrown interceptions were all poor decisions .. just can't win when your triggerman plays this poorly.  The defense made a few stops here and there,  but they also got lit up at times .. so easily confused out there.  We didn't deserve to win this one .. no playoffs for us.

Archived