Thanks for Jacobs

I wanted to say Thank you for Josh Jacobs. I hope he can stay healthy for us. We definitely need running back help after losing Jones. I see you guys signed Mattison. That’s a good signing. I wish you guys well next season. You’ll be fine.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Packers2021 said:

I wanted to say Thank you for Josh Jacobs. I hope he can stay healthy for us. We definitely need running back help after losing Jones. I see you guys signed Mattison. That’s a good signing. I wish you guys well next season. You’ll be fine.

If Jacobs shows up motivated, you got a good one. 

If he's not, be ready to be pretty disappointed. 

He'll have a couple of boom games for you, but there is a stark contrast between a motivated Jacobs and a not-motivated Jacobs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Packers2021 said:

Josh Jacobs - 13 games played in 2023

233 attempts
805 yards
3.5 ypc
6 TDs

12M per season.

A. Mattison - 16 games played in 2023

180 attempts
700 yards
3.9 ypc
0 TDs

3.5M per season.

I'm just listing last season's stats.  I think the Packers were smart with his contract.

The Josh Jacobs contract is a one-year deal with three one-year options - NBC Sports

• Like 1

Jacobs is a good one and Packer fans will soon love him. He does a lot well but does of course have some negatives. He'll break a ton of tackles, has excellent vision, is a capable receiver and a very good blocker. However he is slow, injury prone and coming off a horrendous season where Zamir White looked a whole lot better when taking over. You won't see a lot of huge plays from him but a lot of consistent gains, willing to get dirty, awesome effort and at the low gtd amount GB gave it is well worth the signing.

Jacobs > Jones imo.  You got an upgrade.

• Like 1

Jacobs was a solid back in the end.  Not worth a big deal because of his inconsistent play. You'll love his play style, but his play style leaves him at less than 100% most of time.  Too many times throughout his tenure, a random back looked way more explosive because of that.