Team Needs?

Ghostnote

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Re-watched the Titans and Jags game, being those were two playoff teams and Im still concern with middle of the defense against the run. I think we need to prioritize LBs. I dont you can count on Foster to ever stay healthy so you essential need a 1b@MLB to his 1a. Malcolm Smith returning helps alleviate some issues at WILL but I'd like us to focus on a long-term solution there also. Not sure how they feel about Lee. He's really just a STs guy for now who could develop. Need to have someone there with some upside in place in case Smith misses time. Im ok with Harold@SAM. Sure we should always look to upgrade the position but Im content with him for the time being. He's still young and has room to develop in the system. I like Marsh also. I see him more as a SAM than a Leo but I think he has versatility there to get some snaps at Leo also. I'd like to keep him around and see him compete with Harold for the SAM spot moving forward. 

I''d like to get Harold some competition for sure. If he wins the competition, fine, but I don't think that he's done enough at this point in time to just earn the spot heading into next season. I think that we need to look in round 2/3 for a linebacker if we don't get one in free agency. Roquan is probably not a SAM at the next level, struggles to shed blocks, which is problematic. He's probably better suited at WILL, and as you said, we have Smith coming back to fill that role, plus I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to utilize that three safety look on passing downs with a safety essentially playing that role. 

I wonder if Leighton Vander Esch is a good guy to look for that SAM role in the end of round 2 / early round 3.  He scares me a little as a prospect - one year wonder, former walk on, etc etc. But man, can't deny that production. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I''d like to get Harold some competition for sure. If he wins the competition, fine, but I don't think that he's done enough at this point in time to just earn the spot heading into next season. I think that we need to look in round 2/3 for a linebacker if we don't get one in free agency. Roquan is probably not a SAM at the next level, struggles to shed blocks, which is problematic. He's probably better suited at WILL, and as you said, we have Smith coming back to fill that role, plus I wouldn't be surprised if we continue to utilize that three safety look on passing downs with a safety essentially playing that role. 

I wonder if Leighton Vander Esch is a good guy to look for that SAM role in the end of round 2 / early round 3.  He scares me a little as a prospect - one year wonder, former walk on, etc etc. But man, can't deny that production. 

Not a fan of Vander Esch. I watched him closely when UVA played Boise State and he didn't stand out in any way. And our a O-Line was not great but I thought he got pushed around quite a bit in that game.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:47 PM, 757-NINER said:

I don't believe Shanny nor JG needs a legitimate #1 WR. Those guys are just so rare....true #1's. But I do think we need a talent and an athletic upgrade@WR. Goodwin is really the only guy that can threaten a defense vertically and cause match-up problems. That needs to change. Some height wouldn't hurt either but its not paramount. Definitely in agreement with everything else. A better O-Line and stout running game will work wonders for this offense & JG.

Idk how the TE class or FA Te class looks like but I wouldn't mind it if we went the NE route. Have smaller WRs who can get open but have a 1 or 2 big bodied TEs for the red zone.

9 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Malik Jefferson, Josey Jewell, Micah Kiser - any of these guys seem like a fit for our D?

I like Malik Jefferson still but he's forsure slid a little. Needs to prove he's got some athleticism, but the guy is a wrecking ball. 

Archived