SNF: Dalls Cowboys @ Oakland Raiders

riceman80

I like the rule. It may not make complete sense but everyone knows the rule and you did just fumble the ball in the field of play so theoretically it could have been recovered by the defense so when it happens the offense puts themselves in harms way as soon as the ball is fumbled anyway. It isn't like the offense gets screwed over, they fumbled the ball and it is up for grabs, it just so happens that the sides and back of the end zone belong to the team that is defending it. It's like dropping something on my property, I now own it. Sorry Billy, looks like I'll be reading Thomas the train tonight.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Plus we had Lynch running awesome all night. What a bummer.

I'm pretty sure I lost count at 5 or 6 times (I was trying to cook and follow the WWE PPV at the same time) where Carr appeared to clearly audible away from a called-run play (Dak had more than that in the 1st half alone, but his are a bit more sketchy to judge because I'm pretty sure they give him a fair amount of RPO's and he just calls his own number way too often).  Granted, Downing's scheme - if you can call it that - looks like he's just pulling random plays out of a paper bag or hitting "random" on Madden, but between he and Carr they managed to output a pretty illogical gamescript from what was showing to work and, on paper, should have worked.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I like the rule. It may not make complete sense but everyone knows the rule and you did just fumble the ball in the field of play so theoretically it could have been recovered by the defense so when it happens the offense puts themselves in harms way as soon as the ball is fumbled anyway. It isn't like the offense gets screwed over, they fumbled the ball and it is up for grabs, it just so happens that the sides and back of the end zone belong to the team that is defending it. It's like dropping something on my property, I now own it. Sorry Billy, looks like I'll be reading Thomas the train tonight.

I think part of the reason it makes sense too harks back to the Holy Roller incident.  They don't want offenses gaining an advantage (or being able to advance the ball) from fumbling because that may encourage them to try it intentionally so as to abuse the rule.  It's sort of in the same vein as not wanting to reward intentional grounding, too.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Is now a good time to talk about the potential of the NFL making DPI a 15-yard penalty instead of a spot foul? Throwing up a 55 yard hail mary on 4th down to get your team into field goal is just lolworthy. And yes, I'm aware of the irony in that I'm a Ravens fan asking for this.

Brady, Rodgers and Wilson disapprove of your attitude.

Archived