football move week 5up 5 down

3rivers

Up

1. new D scheme which finally ended insanity

2. TOP seemed to be effective

3. JuJu

4. OL

5. Ben/haley 3rd down success

HM Romo in the booth calling the game, sounds like he could be a good OC one day. He almost sounded like he favoured us a bit more and then well of course we know about nantz9_9

Down

1. gotta say the rule is wrong but it still doesn't guarantee we would have won

2. we lost

3. AB injury - so now we are without our best player on O and D going into the playoffs

4. we don't have anyone to cover Gronk but at least we know this going into FA and the draft

5. that last play  should have went away from traffic as Romo pointed out. A jump ball to bryant would have been good but IIRC he wasn't on the field

why wasn't Harrison playing in the second half?

Same call that was made against Dez Bryant a few years ago.  Must possess the ball all the way thru. Ball moves out of hands and contacts the ground.  Hate the rule but according to the rule the correct call. 

And hearing AB could be back for the playoffs.  Gotta get that BYE!!!   

6 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

Same call that was made against Dez Bryant a few years ago.  Must possess the ball all the way thru. Ball moves out of hands and contacts the ground.  Hate the rule but according to the rule the correct call. 

And hearing AB could be back for the playoffs.  Gotta get that BYE!!!   

Please show me where the ball hit the ground?

up

1. juju

2.  byrant

3. tomlin timeout call

4. davis on . gronk...like pretty much every DB in the nfl he was out matched but he did stay in his face ...and made gronk miss some key passes

5. man to man and dline pressure

down 

1. bad call on TD...although the ball moved there is no indisputable proof that it hit the ground...his left hand remained under the ball..

2. Our OC struck again

3. another bad holding call on artie burns by the refs

4. brown injury

5. special teams

I'm not even going to do a 5-Up and 5-Down. I'm just going to post a few points that can be take either way;

We were the better team. The Steelers just lost on a controversial call despite not having Antonio Brown for 90% of the game and thus not being able to run their true offense. People remark that Bellichick will adjust, but we ultimately showed him nothing to adjust to. This will work in our favor if we have a rematch at "full strength". This also would help with AB and Joe Haden returning. Another positive is that you can tell how pissed/upset Tomlin was with how things turned out. He and the team will use getting screwed over as motivation. 

Ups

1. JuJu

2. Played them tight without several of our best players.

3. Clutch comeback at the end.

Downs

1. AB injury

2. Sean davis drops an interception

3. Gronkowski wasn't gameplanned for at all.

4. The last play was a terrible plan, throw a fade to JuJu or Bryant or just clock the ball and let Boswell send us to overtime.

5. Refs don't know how the rules for overturning calls on the field work.

UP

playing a well fought game against NE.. 1st time in yrs I can say we "should" won against NE

brown injury not being season ending

Down

brown injury...I think we win this if he's in .. no doubt ben goes to him late in the 4th

the pick in the endzone. throw it away ben

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

yet to see a view where the ball is touching grass on that Jesse james call

we need you in the owners room or on the sideline telling tomlin to throw the red flag. Did he already use them?  

This game might also make the team that much more ready for a rematch.  A Loss isn't always bad if the team can learn from it. After years of insanity we learned finally change the D, but what will we learn from this , excuses not included?

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

yet to see a view where the ball is touching grass on that Jesse james call

I can't really put my heart into endorsing this argument.  While there might not be conclusive video evidence that it touched the ground (and there fore by the letter of the law should not have been overturned), if there was any way of knowing for sure I would put a large chunk of money down that at least part the ball touched the ground.

The rule really should be changed and if the weight of this call isn't enough to do so then the league has issues (captain obvious stating the league has issues).  They have turned "catch" into football vernacular that does not have the same definition as the word catch does outside of the realm of football.

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

we need you in the owners room or on the sideline telling tomlin to throw the red flag. Did he already use them?  

It was in the last two minutes so a challenge flag could not be thrown nor can you challenge the officials call following a review for obvious reasons....

26 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

3. Gronkowski wasn't gameplanned for at all.

4. The last play was a terrible plan, throw a fade to JuJu or Bryant or just clock the ball and let Boswell send us to overtime.

3. drove me up the wall. They act like he isn’t the best at what he does. Was disgusting watching Gronk single handedly shred this defense on their final drive, what made it worst is we all knew it was coming.

4. Really gets under my skin. There was enough time they should have been able to get a second REAL play off if the offense was actually prepared for it. So there is strike one. Strike two like you said if your going to attempt it a fade is Ideal. clearly it didn’t work so why would you force the ball? Just throw it away and chalk it up as a blown opportunity and kick the FG. That’s strike three, and the consequence? Throwing the game losing INT.

4 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I can't really put my heart into endorsing this argument.  While there might not be conclusive video evidence that it touched the ground (and there fore by the letter of the law should not have been overturned), if there was any way of knowing for sure I would put a large chunk of money down that at least part the ball touched the ground.

The rule really should be changed and if the weight of this call isn't enough to do so then the league has issues (captain obvious stating the league has issues).  They have turned "catch" into football vernacular that does not have the same definition as the word catch does outside of the realm of football.

The call on the field was TD, they need evidence that it touched the ground to overturn it, which they didn't have, but did anyways. Absolute travesty. I'm probably done watching until the postseason tbh, The NFL is trying to lose viewers at this point.

Archived