football move week 5up 5 down

3rivers

5 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

It was in the last two minutes so a challenge flag could not be thrown nor can you challenge the officials call following a review for obvious reasons....

sorry I forgot. Nice how we can't challenge the officials in the last 2 minutes :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

yeah... ben and the offense looked like amateurs on that pick

they should of had a plan in place during the review that lasted forever

could be said that such plays are what separate the good coaches from the great coaches. Could be said for the Qb if he is calling the play. Either way, we need to play 60 minutes , no less. Remember, we gat paid by the hour don't we?

1 minute ago, August4th said:

even skip bayless is saying the steelers got screwed lol

oh no, how is Steven A  going to disagree with him? 

So we got a loss due to refs failing us, no problem. When we play them in the playoffs, we will win! I wanted to win RD2 anyways.

8 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

The call on the field was TD, they need evidence that it touched the ground to overturn it, which they didn't have, but did anyways. Absolute travesty. I'm probably done watching until the postseason tbh, The NFL is trying to lose viewers at this point.

I feel you.  And it bothers me that they seem to have followed the "completing the catch through going to the ground" to the letter of the law, and at the same time not following the "Indisputable video evidence required to overturn the call on the field" to the letter of the law.

But to me if I know at least part of the ball touched the ground while he "bobbled" it on the goal line then its hard for me.  It comes down to them not having a good angle of it more than whether or not it actually happened in the instance imo.

I went on the web, and this is a busy topic right now. This might even make it into next weeks pregame shows, and if so, do you think that enough fan disgust will force a rule change due to this play? It's not just steeler fans that are complaining so FWIW.

Looking back on the highlights of the game,  I think what bothers me most is the Steelers leaving Gronk in single coverage on the 2 point conversion.  He killed them the entire way down the field, and then on the Patriots only chance to make it a 3 point game instead of a 1 or 2 point game they put Sean Davis in one-on-one coverage with Gronk and ask him to jam him.  At least 90% of safeties are going to fail in that situation and ours aren't even good.  And Gronk easily beat the jam and easily caught the fade and the Pats made it a 3 point game.

If they had used any common sense at all in defending the two point conversion they could have at least made it tougher for them to get it.   Which would have let Bos clean up with another walk-off.

1 hour ago, grubs10 said:

Looking back on the highlights of the game,  I think what bothers me most is the Steelers leaving Gronk in single coverage on the 2 point conversion.  He killed them the entire way down the field, and then on the Patriots only chance to make it a 3 point game instead of a 1 or 2 point game they put Sean Davis in one-on-one coverage with Gronk and ask him to jam him.  At least 90% of safeties are going to fail in that situation and ours aren't even good.  And Gronk easily beat the jam and easily caught the fade and the Pats made it a 3 point game.

If they had used any common sense at all in defending the two point conversion they could have at least made it tougher for them to get it.   Which would have let Bos clean up with another walk-off.

Agree. While I claim the insanity is gone, there are some improvements that are o be made. If they have 2 try to cover Gronk, it doesn't guarantee Brady can't find someone else to score, but at least it isn't as predictable.  Have a LB slow him down at the line could be a way, but if Brady has time then all is a fail. Not easy beating the champs, but it can happen. They aren't the team from years ago from what I have watched (and we still lost)

Overall I wanna get this game on a positive point. We have been dismantled by this team a lot in the past. This game was ours even prior to the reverse Call. This team is resilient, Would’ve been better to sweep them this year. I hope the if rematch happens, this game gave them the know-how and the confidence that they can win it.

42 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Overall I wanna get this game on a positive point. We have been dismantled by this team a lot in the past. This game was ours even prior to the reverse Call. This team is resilient, Would’ve been better to sweep them this year. I hope the if rematch happens, this game gave them the know-how and the confidence that they can win it.

exactly, win RD2 in their house. Hope the refs don't screw it up either. Before all the BS went down, I was thinking how "the nfl was the winner today" as in the fans watching. Then the BS happened, and the league still needs some work doesn't it. Seems as though it's best to win by quite a bit just in case the refs decide to be a factor. Of course they are not challengeable  during the 2 minute warning for some reason:ph34r:

Archived