football move week 5up 5 down

3rivers

I'll add:

I'm hard pressed to blame Davis alone for letting Gronk Gronk us in the 4th.  We got Butlered.  We were giving up some runs, so he put Davis on an island on Gronk, and anyone like that will get burned.  You need to get a LB to chip him, and play under.  Then yo have Davis pick him up at 5 yards with a second jam, and run with him.  And lastly you have your FS play CF over the top of him.

I'm sorry but Brian Allen isn't making a difference against Gronk.  Ryan Shazier isn't making a difference.  What's making a difference is bracket zone with man coverage.  That's it.

We got Butlered.  Plane and clear.

8 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

5 second through 6 second mark.

Seems pretty obvious. 

You're welcome.

never see the ball hit on the ground in this angle.. it moves but is it his hand or on the ground?

there is another angle I saw that made it more obv that it hit the ground.. so I'm 90% sure it did... more mad at rule right now..should of been a fumble

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

never see the ball hit on the ground in this angle.. it moves but is it his hand or on the ground?

there is another angle I saw that made it more obv that it hit the ground.. so I'm 90% sure it did... more mad at rule right now..should of been a fumble

Should have been dead ball when it crossed the goal line.  Sorry but catch, pull into the body, knee/hip down, re-extend is a football move at all other levels.

10 hours ago, warfelg said:

I'll add:

I'm hard pressed to blame Davis alone for letting Gronk Gronk us in the 4th.  We got Butlered.  We were giving up some runs, so he put Davis on an island on Gronk, and anyone like that will get burned.  You need to get a LB to chip him, and play under.  Then yo have Davis pick him up at 5 yards with a second jam, and run with him.  And lastly you have your FS play CF over the top of him.

I'm sorry but Brian Allen isn't making a difference against Gronk.  Ryan Shazier isn't making a difference.  What's making a difference is bracket zone with man coverage.  That's it.

We got Butlered.  Plane and clear.

I was thinking of the chip at the line as well. Butlered again despite UnLebeau'd -> still losing to pats. As a former DC and a WR himself, Tomlin should also accept blame.Put Harrison at the line and see how far Gronk getsxD. First they need to get Harrison on the field, which I never saw 

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

bring back D-will? I don't like our back-ups at all

yeah, just thought of this the other day - where did he sign? Turns out he is a UFA and like you, I think he would be much better than our back ups. Is he in shape for 10 carries a game though? Did he even get offers from other teams?

30 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

yeah, just thought of this the other day - where did he sign? Turns out he is a UFA and like you, I think he would be much better than our back ups. Is he in shape for 10 carries a game though? Did he even get offers from other teams?

he said he got offers but was waiting for a opportunity to play for a contender

I think we will know if they still like Dwill this time tomorrow 

On 12/17/2017 at 10:48 PM, grubs10 said:

Looking back on the highlights of the game,  I think what bothers me most is the Steelers leaving Gronk in single coverage on the 2 point conversion.  He killed them the entire way down the field, and then on the Patriots only chance to make it a 3 point game instead of a 1 or 2 point game they put Sean Davis in one-on-one coverage with Gronk and ask him to jam him.  At least 90% of safeties are going to fail in that situation and ours aren't even good.  And Gronk easily beat the jam and easily caught the fade and the Pats made it a 3 point game.

If they had used any common sense at all in defending the two point conversion they could have at least made it tougher for them to get it.   Which would have let Bos clean up with another walk-off.

So true. At what point in the game does the coaching staff realize that he needs to be doubled team? Stop that two point conversion and the Steelers kick the easy FG to win it.

22 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

So true. At what point in the game does the coaching staff realize that he needs to be doubled team? Stop that two point conversion and the Steelers kick the easy FG to win it.

Well I think someone here posted the tweet but I saw where Davis and Tomlin were calling for the help and someone, don’t know who it was supposed to be, left the assignment. 

The Steelers haven't had that much turnover in the secondary. The constant blown assignments go back a few years now, but have gotten worse this second half of the season. A level I haven't seen as a Steelers fan perhaps ever. Or at least since like 2002 to 2003. It's not excusable to me.

I have some issues with the coaching staff in this game. To put it mildly, but overall I'm just glad that this was an actual game. The Steelers weren't embarrassed and the players were in a position to win this thing or at least force OT. So I'm going to bite my tongue for a change. I hope that they learned a bit more from this one. Pats are beatable in Foxborro. Despite the Pats record at home, that really isn't even close to the most hostile environment this incarnation of the Steelers will play in. It's a fine line. Final note, just be ready for Belichick's counter adjustments.

And for the love of god, don't spot the Patriots points again as they did with the first TD. We know they're pulling play action and trick plays out against the Steelers. It's ever.single.time. And it always works.

Archived