In Game Ejections Discussion

Green19

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Davis being a widely respected guy in the league does not excuse the long history of these hits.

Between this and Gronk, I'm sick of reading about how "one incident doesn't define a player". It's freaking nonsense. If you deliberately deliver a killshot like these guys have done, you're a dirty player. That's the end of the discussion.

I guess what Gronk and Trevathan did as far as a play being over or essentially over bothers me far more than in between the whistles hit. What Davis did was widely praised and put in YouTube mixes less than a decade ago. I don't think he's aiming to H2H Adams, Adams is a moving target and I don't have a problem with guys trying to line up de-cleaters. If you miss high now you pay the price, that's how it should be. The NFL has sucked this year as far as reducing punishment for these plays, but if you want to lay someone out I still don't have any issue with it, nor do I think it's dirty.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I guess what Gronk and Trevathan did as far as a play being over or essentially over bothers me far more than in between the whistles hit. What Davis did was widely praised and put in YouTube mixes less than a decade ago. I don't think he's aiming to H2H Adams, Adams is a moving target and I don't have a problem with guys trying to line up de-cleaters. If you miss high now you pay the price, that's how it should be. The NFL has sucked this year as far as reducing punishment for these plays, but if you want to lay someone out I still don't have any issue with it, nor do I think it's dirty.

You can "decleat" somebody in the chest/waist area. That's a big freaking target. You don't launch with the crown of your helmet into the earhole of the other guy's helmet. 

I know it was widely praised years ago. I did it and had it done to me in equal measure, but that has no place in the game in 2017. The hammer needs to be brought down on these kinds of hits. 

Humans get one life, one body, one brain, all coordinated in a dense but fragile sack of neurons in the head and neck. Break a guy's leg or tear muscle off the bone and he might have pain or a limp in that limb the rest of his life. That's conceivable when you play this game- an obvious, understandable risk many are willing to accept for the chance for glory, money, and excellence. But if you hit a guy wrong in the head/neck you could paralyze him, give him permanent brain damage that causes him to forget what team he played on ten years ago, and who his wife and kids are before he hits 50. We know too damn much about the dangers of brain and spinal injuries to let this **** pass.

Archived