Rams or Jags: which upstart is more likely to reach the Super Bowl?

y*so*blu

Rams or Jags: which upstart is more likely to make the Super Bowl?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Rams
    • Jaguars

16 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Rams imo, but Jags could potentially grab the 2 seed and get a bye if they win out and if Pitt finds a way to choke against the Texans or Browns, so that could be interesting. We all know how notorious Pitt is for not playing well in games against inferior opponents.

Pats could choke 1 as well and we get 2nd seed as well. Both choke we get #1 seed

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Telvin Smith, Myles Jack and Barry Church would share the role. Gronk will get his because he’s Gronk, but we probably have the best interior defense for stopping TEs in football.

Jags also used Bouye some with help from safety against Graham. Different types of TE but deadly.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Jags match up better vs Pitt than Pats. If there's been one thing that's gashed the Jags this year,it's underneath throws to quick rb out of backfield (duke, ekler)

with Gronk already commanding attention, it will be even tougher to defend that quick passing.

The Steelers hold the ball more in their passing game. And while that can result in big plays, it also plays into hands of Jags defense with waves of rushers, tip balls, and opportunistic secondary. 

35 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Telvin Smith, Myles Jack and Barry Church would share the role. Gronk will get his because he’s Gronk, but we probably have the best interior defense for stopping TEs in football.

Plus rushing Brady you'd have no problem with

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Plus rushing Brady you'd have no problem with

Brady gets the ball out lightning fast though. Pittsburgh is almost as efficient as we have been rushing the passer, and they only brought Brady down twice. I don’t know how many hurries and knockdowns they had, but it didn’t appear to slow him down too much.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Same, honestly. They have the defense to match up against anyone.

Seriously? Look, to say the Jaguars are a great matchup for the Patriots or Steelers is one thing, but to favor them against the Pats or Steelers at home in the postseason? I think you guys are insane. I bought into the initial "this team could win 11 games with the way their defense is playing and ridiculously easy schedule" hype right away, but this new wave of hype is a bit too much. Their QB is still Blake Bortles. Just 3 weeks ago, after the loss to the Gabbert led Cards, the talk by even Jags fans was how unfortunate it was that such a great D was stuck with Bortles. Seems his last 3 games have been phenomenal, but that is not nearly enough for me to reconsider my stance on him, and thus the Jags. I already trusted that Bortles had the ability to elevate his play, I said as much months back when discussing the Jags as very real SB contenders (something along the lines of "if Flacco can go from solid to Joe Montana, I don't see why Bortles can't go from mediocre to above average"). IF he can do it in the postseason then they have a very real chance of a SB crown, but I still consider that a pretty big if. No way I am betting against BB and the Pats in Foxborough.

Do you guys have faith in Bortles or are just that low on the Pats and Steelers?

To be clear, I give the Jags a very real chance against anyone in the NFL, but what I am surprised about is people actually favoring them against NE and Pitt.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Pats could choke 1 as well and we get 2nd seed as well. Both choke we get #1 seed

Interesting, didn't even notice that.

Off topic a bit but Ive noticed a lot of Jags fans saying the Titans match up well with them (looking forward to week 17 here obviously), but I completely disagree. Both teams are completely different than when they met in week 2 and its Marcell Darius that changes everything. Our running game has been completely hideous with Murray running into the backs of his blockers when there are clear holes right next to him (the skycam view against Pitt showed how bad it was), and Henry doesn't even hardly get snaps which is completely mind boggling to our entire fan base. All of that combined with Dareus we won't be able run the ball at all. We wont sniff the 30s again and imo would be lucky to put up 10 unless something with the offense changes and even then I think Jacksonvilles defense is still too stout.

I believe it will be a blow out and I'm hoping for it because Mularkey and company (Robiskie our OC should be on the streets) are ruining the growth of our young offensive players. We don't even use Corey Davis or Henry and the offensive scheme is horrendous for what Mariotas strengths are and I fully expect Jacksonville to take complete advantage of it. 

Anywho, good luck in the playoffs, you guys are gonna be a thorn in somebody's side.

Does anyone really trust Blake Brotles in the postseason vs the Patriots?  He's been playing well lately and obviously the Jags defense is amazing.  But this is an unproven bunch going up against the most consistent winning and prepared franchise we've seen in the last 20+ years.  I'm taking the Patriots in that match-up.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Seriously? Look, to say the Jaguars are a great matchup for the Patriots or Steelers is one thing, but to favor them against the Pats or Steelers at home in the postseason? I think you guys are insane. I bought into the initial "this team could win 11 games with the way their defense is playing and ridiculously easy schedule" hype right away, but this new wave of hype is a bit too much. Their QB is still Blake Bortles. Just 3 weeks ago, after the loss to the Gabbert led Cards, the talk by even Jags fans was how unfortunate it was that such a great D was stuck with Bortles. Seems his last 3 games have been phenomenal, but that is not nearly enough for me to reconsider my stance on him, and thus the Jags. I already trusted that Bortles had the ability to elevate his play, I said as much months back when discussing the Jags as very real SB contenders (something along the lines of "if Flacco can go from solid to Joe Montana, I don't see why Bortles can't go from mediocre to above average"). IF he can do it in the postseason then they have a very real chance of a SB crown, but I still consider that a pretty big if. No way I am betting against BB and the Pats in Foxborough.

Do you guys have faith in Bortles or are just that low on the Pats and Steelers?

To be clear, I give the Jags a very real chance against anyone in the NFL, but what I am surprised about is people actually favoring them against NE and Pitt.

If blake is playing how hes playing right now he certainly has my faith. Idc who they were against bit the last 3 weeks Blake's been like money.  No bad decisions.

If antonio Brown is out for the playoffs that pass offense doesn't scare me. 

Pats scare me more but honestly i think we can handle them on matchups. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Does anyone really trust Blake Brotles in the postseason vs the Patriots?  He's been playing well lately and obviously the Jags defense is amazing.  But this is an unproven bunch going up against the most consistent winning and prepared franchise we've seen in the last 20+ years.  I'm taking the Patriots in that match-up.

Blake looks completely different so who knows. 

But no, Im not going into the playoffs thinking we have the edge against either NE or PIT. Those teams have playoff/championship experience and know what it takes. We are an extremely young team with a lot of guys who haven't seen the playoffs yet. Not an ideal scenario. I'm just happy we're talking about this tbh.

Jacksonville has the best defense in the league, #1 secondary in the league, and #1 pass rush in the league, that's a deadly combo. I think they're right up there with NE and Pittsburgh, match up quite well with both of them as well. Just give the rock to Fournette 30+ times, tell Bortles to not turn the ball over. As a Ravens fan, I'd' rather play Pitt or NE over them honestly. Our defense is inconsistent, so you never know if Blake Bortles is going to go off, and that defense is a terrible matchup for even playoff Flacco.

I could see the Rams too honestly, but I see the Vikings representing the NFC, I think Vikings defense can stop their offense, and the Vikings offense can play well enough.

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

If blake is playing how hes playing right now he certainly has my faith. Idc who they were against bit the last 3 weeks Blake's been like money.  No bad decisions.

If antonio Brown is out for the playoffs that pass offense doesn't scare me. 

Pats scare me more but honestly i think we can handle them on matchups. 

The thing is, you bank on consistency. Blake Bortles has balled out the last 3 things. Here's the issue. 

Texans: 32nd in points per game. 

Colts: 31st in points per game

Seattle: tied for 12 in points per game (but their defense is depleted at this point in the season and they just dropped 32 and 40 points in their last couple of games)

So Bortles has played good. New England and Pittsburgh are top ten in points per game. They have two of the premier offenses in the league. They have two of the best home field advantages in the league. They have two of the most successful coaches and QB's in the league. They have three of the most game breaking offensive players in the league.

That's not a road I bet money on. Bortles will have to play like he did against a the two worst defenses in the league against two top 10 defenses. 

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The thing is, you bank on consistency. Blake Bortles has balled out the last 3 things. Here's the issue. 

Texans: 32nd in points per game. 

Colts: 31st in points per game

Seattle: tied for 12 in points per game (but their defense is depleted at this point in the season and they just dropped 32 and 40 points in their last couple of games)

So Bortles has played good. New England and Pittsburgh are top ten in points per game. They have two of the premier offenses in the league. They have two of the best home field advantages in the league. They have two of the most successful coaches and QB's in the league. They have three of the most game breaking offensive players in the league.

That's not a road I bet money on. Bortles will have to play like he did against a the two worst defenses in the league against two top 10 defenses. 

It's not just stats though. This Blake is confident and throwing dimes. This isn't the same Bortles we watched early in the season. He went off against CIN and BAL earlier in the season too. Those were good games as I said, but Blake didn't look then anything close to what he looks like now. 

The excitement isn't just about the stats, it's what he looks like playing. He seriously has played these past few games as good as probably any QB has played in the NFL. 

We'll see what happens though, no one knows if Bortles has figured it out or not. Gotta keep it rolling, but so far he looks like a completely different QB.

Archived