#PaperGate - Have you ever seen something so weird in the NFL?

RaidersAreOne

First I'd like to say that I don't even agree with the spot on the call, I thought Dak clearly had it. 

Second, let's be real. The marker wasn't at a 90 degree angle like it is supposed to be. The ball was a first down. They needed a way to check and used the paper to show that it was indeed a first down. How is that rigged? Maybe I'm confused on how the refs rigged it. If they didn't call that PI to Crabtree then I'd agree but come on. There were way worse things to happen today. The Steelers call. The Titans non interception. 

1 hour ago, biletnikoff said:

Spoken like a true subservient believer,who bows to authority when told to. 

Adults  needed a folded piece  of paper  to get the call  they wanted? Lol 

I don’t think you fully understand what took place. No my problem.

I disagreed with it. It was unprofessional to whip out a paper. If it's that close tie goes to the runner. I disagree that he got up smiling. He could have just signaled first down and no one would be able to say otherwise based on the looks of it. The paper and the smile was sketchy.

BUT

The measurement was bs anyway. They short spotted Dak! Screw the measurement. Go watch the play. Dak gets well beyond the mark with his first effort. Lands on a guy. Falls behind the marker. Then lunges forward and gets it again. Then they short spot him and really butcher the measurement 

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

First I'd like to say that I don't even agree with the spot on the call, I thought Dak clearly had it. 

Second, let's be real. The marker wasn't at a 90 degree angle like it is supposed to be. The ball was a first down. They needed a way to check and used the paper to show that it was indeed a first down. How is that rigged? Maybe I'm confused on how the refs rigged it. If they didn't call that PI to Crabtree then I'd agree but come on. There were way worse things to happen today. The Steelers call. The Titans non interception. 

ugh.. terrible, terrible call 

9 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I wonder what Hoculi would've done.

Flexed his bi-cep and without hesitation, said First Down!

My question would be. If you can slide a folded paper between the ball and yard stick, doesn't that suggest it was short?

Jerry's probably investing in a Paper Factory as we speak.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

My question would be. If you can slide a folded paper between the ball and yard stick, doesn't that suggest it was short?

Jerry's probably investing in a Paper Factory as we speak.

He used it as a straight-edge not a gap-feeler.  I understand your concern, though.....with your HFA in jeopardy and all.

I thought the whole thing was okay, but it would have been a lot more dramatic if they had slipped an envelope between the ball and the marker; then, they could have lifted the envelope up for all (and the cameras) to see, opened it, and announced:

"Annnnnd, the winner IS- whoops, let's see here, these envelopes!- Dak Prescott, in North Dallas Forty!" (orgasmic applause)

Warren: "You tellum, Fish-Lips!"

Image result for announcing winner at the Oscars opening envelope

3 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

He used it as a straight-edge not a gap-feeler.  I understand your concern, though.....with your HFA in jeopardy and all.

Your game had no baring on the Eagles HFA in any way shape or form. However I will admit, I want no part of GB and Aaron Rodgers so I'm Glad you won!! Less likely they get in! Dallas doesn't scare me in the slightest!

PaperGate is My Friend

The refs have done this before, but they used to carry index cards for it.  For everyone thinking it is a conspiracy since he folded the paper, keep in mind that the paper won't stay straight as the ref slid it between the ball and chains.  Index cards accomplish the same effect, but apparently no one had one.  

And as others have said, it was mis-marked.  if it was short, Dallas would have challenged the spot and almost assuredly won.

People gotta stop saying the NFL is rigging games.  They're not.  If they were rigging games, they would have upheld the call on the field where the Panthers player didn't have a TD, and they would have called Allison's fumble incomplete.  They want Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs more than they want Jerry Richardson's team anywhere NEAR a chance at winning a Super Bowl before he sells the team.

The NFL does not want the Patriots in the playoffs much less with homefield advantage.  They know that they're another Patriots Super Bowl win away from even MORE NFL fans leaving the sport.  Patriots constantly winning kills the whole parity angle. 

If the NFL was rigging games, they'd rig games to help them, not hurt them.  This is just complete and total incompetence by refs. 

Archived