Is Josh Allen agreed on as the #2 QB in the league?

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think fully healthy Joey B is #2.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

No.  Most would have Burrow at #2 imo.

You have to factor health into the ranking, and Burrow has ended 2 out of 4 seasons on IR with major surgeries.

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

You have to factor health into the ranking, and Burrow has ended 2 out of 4 seasons on IR with major surgeries.

I'm just pointing out where most would have them.  Also, until Allen finds a way to beat Mahomes and Burrow he's going to be viewed as at best the #3 guy.

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I'm just pointing out where most would have them.  Also, until Allen finds a way to beat Mahomes and Burrow he's going to be viewed as at best the #3 guy.

Gotcha, I just don't see many people ranking Burrow that high coming off last season when he wasn't very good. I think most will have him as top 5 but I don't see people ranking him at 2 simply because of a head-to-head matchup.

I think you could make an argument between Allen/Burrow/Lamar.

However....even when Brady was playing, I don't think there has ever been THIS large a gap between number 1 and number 2. I think 2 might be closer to 10 than 1.

On 4/10/2024 at 6:43 PM, CasperX22 said:

He's beaten Mahomes multiple times and has only played Burrow twice (both times with his defense completely staggered by injuries). 

Also, no- Burrow is not the agreed upon number 2. You can see it in this thread. It's a cluster for the #2 spot between Allen, Burrow, and Lamar. Allen has consistency issues, but he's easily the best playoff performer of the 3 and has the highest peak. He's really the only QB in the league that can go toe-to-toe with Mahomes when they're both on fire. Until Burrow can shake off the injury bug issues- I put Allen ahead of him because they both have similar impacts throughout an entire season + Allen has had straight up dominant games in the playoffs that Burrow has yet to reach. Lamar needs to show up in the playoffs before I give him the #2 spot. 

Give Allen Burrow's defense in 21', and he likely has a ring. No way the Bengals defense allows '13 seconds' to happen. 

Edited by WizeGuy