Players That Left Your Team and Became Good Elsewhere

SteelKing728

Who are some players that started out on your team, wasn't very good, and then left and found success with a new team? 

I think Steve Young is the most recognizable player to do this. I'm curious who else this happened to. 

Micah Hyde and Casey Heyward looked like backup-to-stopgap-starter level players from GB until they got free of Dom Capers and became multiple tone all pros, while Charles Woods on also looked over the hill due to being kept at CB while the Packers had a real lack of quality at safety. He returned to Oajland, moved to safety, and became first team all pro at close to 40 years of age. 

If GB had got rid of Capers in 2011 is the top "what if" of my 22 years watching the Packers. 

• Like 1

Maybe the most annoying one for the Giants in recent memory is Ereck Flowers. He was horrible for us at tackle, and we were told so many times by the Giants and OL experts like Duke Manyweather that "You can't just move him to guard. He'd be bad there too. That wouldn't fix anything". Well, he left the Giants, went to Washington, and actually became a decent guard. I'm not sure he was actually even in the "good" tier, but the fact that he was serviceable at guard for a divisional rival sucked. 

• Like 1

Carlos Rogers was a very good cover corner, but became great after the 49ers gave him an eye exam.  Serious.  

Also, Champ Bailey becoming one of the best DBs of his generation.  He was already pretty good, but took it to another level in Denver. 

• Like 2