Players That Left Your Team and Became Good Elsewhere

SteelKing728

59 minutes ago, adamq said:

Jerick McKinnon is the only shanny era 49er I can think of but there has to be a few more

He was good in Minny. not a bell cow back but good at what he did

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Jerick McKinnon is the only shanny era 49er I can think of but there has to be a few more

Al-Shaair probably.  Would you count Mostert after last year?  Defo crossed my mind, but he's kind of been the same dude, just got a little more recognition in Indy off of the reputation he had already built in SF. I couldn't think of many Shanny era guys either.  Delanie Walker would fit from the Harbaugh era.   

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 12:34 PM, drew39k said:

Finally a topic where being a Jets fan doesn't bring immediate shame.

Thankfully, our lack of talent evaluation and player development has all but evaporated the chances of a player leaving us and being any good at all. 

The best player to fit this mold in recent memory is probably Johnathan vilma. He was pretty good with us but we changed defenses and he went to New Orleans and carved out a pro bowl career. Leonard williams was, briefly good with the Giants. Bryce Huff has a shot to be that guy in philly though.

Edited to add Demario Davis. He did well after leaving my.

In before Geno Smith wins a ring and Darnold and Wilson become future HOFers 😂

• Like 1