Nacho Simulation Football League (S14 - Taco Bowl XIV POSTED!)

4 hours ago, El ramster said:

You said banned! I don't care about suspensions.. but you legit said banned

from the league LOLOL.

A player did not have to be charged by police or prosecutors to be suspended, and a second offense for domestic violence, the commissioner declared, would result in a lifetime ban.

That’s directly from Goodell, bubba. And Zeke may have committed that second offense in the nightclub a few weeks back. 

Hey guys, I was thinking of starting a Hall of Fame for players in the league. I will post players who are ballot-eligible, and the league will make a vote on them.

In order to get on the ballot, a player must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:

1. Accumulate 30,000 career passing yards
2. Accumulate 10,000 career rushing yards
3. Accumulate 10,000 career receiving yards
4. Accumulate 1,000 career tackles
5. Accumulate 100 career sacks
6. Accumulate 40 career interceptions
**Note, I am still determining criteria for Offensive lineman, Kickers, and Punters (considering leaving Kickers and Punters out, at least at the beginning)

As of now there are 15 QBs, 13 RBs, 19 WRs, 2 TEs, 45 Defensive players on the ballot.

I was thinking:

-Every GM gets 20 votes
-In order to be elected, a player must be selected on 80% of ballots (ie, if all 20 owners votes, a player would have to be on 16 ballots. If only 5 owners vote, the player must be on 4 ballots)
-If a player is RETIRED, he must be on 20% of the ballots to remain on the next season's ballot. Current players will NOT be removed from the ballot as they will have chances to increase their claims. Once they retire, they MUST be on 20% of ballots to survive.
-I'm open to allowing non-GMs (ie, Nacho, former GMs, those on wait list, other people who have a general interest in the league) to vote, as I am afraid of small voter turnout, but if people feel strongly against this I will not do it.

I've already done some research and accumulated career stats that I will post, so it will not require research on the owner's part to look through 14 seasons of data.

Would this be something of interest for people? I figure it could be a nice offseason activity to keep things interesting in the off season.

That's a pretty interesting idea, but it seems like there are an awful lot of players eligible. I've been thinking about making a team specific ring of honor type of deal, so I'm down for a league Hall of Fame for sure. That being said, I think that we should have more criteria for why a player would be eligible for the Hall of Fame, playoff success perhaps?

Also for Tight Ends it's difficult to accumulate that many receiving yards - last season there were 3 TEs with over 1000 yards receiving, vs 23 WRs (which IMO also means receiving yards might be too easy a criteria when on average there is at least 1 per team in the whole league exceeding 1k yards). I think perhaps touchdown catches could be another criteria for eligibility.

Archived