Jaguars ink Linder to 5 year extension

pwny

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

According to PFF, Watford ranked 73rd out of 73 eligible Guards last year. Cann ranked 43rd.

So there's merit to it not being Linder's fault. But if you're making him that highly paid, you probably need to do more on the interior than they have. 

100%.

There's no way Cam Robinson doesn't slot in at one of the guard spots if Albert is starting at LT. There's just no way.

Just now, Its A Sabotage said:

you say this like we haven't watched the worst run team in the nfl for the last decade make these decisions every week

There's no doubt it's been awful. You aren't a losing franchise for a decade with a well run franchise. New head of football operations and new HC though. Not sure why I should assume Coughlin/Marrone and the new coaching staff will be incompetent until they show it. Gotta get out of the cellar at some point.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There's no doubt it's been awful. You aren't a losing franchise for a decade with a well run franchise. New head of football operations and new HC though. Not sure why I should assume Coughlin/Marrone and the new coaching staff will be incompetent until they show it. Gotta get out of the cellar at some point.

im afraid i have some bad news for you

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I love your optimism dude. 

Just now, Its A Sabotage said:

im afraid i have some bad news for you

Come on man...there's no way you know how things go. I know it's easy to be pessimistic since we haven't won since 2008 but there's no telling how this team plays this year. Marrone has won everywhere he's been when he's had control. Turned around the Syracuse program while there. Went to Buffalo and got them to 9-7 and on the right track before leaving that unstable situation. Bills have been a joke for much longer than we have and he did it with a QB in Kyle Orton that hadn't played in basically 3 years prior to starting for Buffalo.

No reason to be overly pessimistic until there's a reason to be imo.

2 minutes ago, corry said:

I love your optimism dude. 

Always been that way every year since I became a fan. I'm not blind to what we've had to watch over the years, but what's the point of assuming the worst in July with a new head of operations/coaching staff when we just got rid of arguably one of the worst head coaches of all time in Gus Bradley?

If this team is under-performing/looking like the same old Jaguars, I'll be right there with Sabo. No reason to act that way now though.

Given how wishy washy they've been about Linder's position, the fact that they said that Cam is a LT only seems telling to their intention with him. If they're willing to move Linder, Cann and Albert around, and have made it public that those guys will *end up where they end up* why did they find it so necessary to say Robinson wasn't playing anywhere but LT?

3 hours ago, iPwn said:

Given how wishy washy they've been about Linder's position, the fact that they said that Cam is a LT only seems telling to their intention with him. If they're willing to move Linder, Cann and Albert around, and have made it public that those guys will *end up where they end up* why did they find it so necessary to say Robinson wasn't playing anywhere but LT?

I think that has more to do with the value we are placing on LT now that Gus is gone. They are going to treat LT a little differently. I would still like to see Cam at RG this year.

Albert - Cann - Linder - Robinson - Parnell

That doesn't look bad at all. I think Cann would play better at LG than he did at RG.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think that has more to do with the value we are placing on LT now that Gus is gone. They are going to treat LT a little differently. I would still like to see Cam at RG this year.

Albert - Cann - Linder - Robinson - Parnell

That doesn't look bad at all. I think Cann would play better at LG than he did at RG.

No doubt about it imo. Wish they'd just do it.

23 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think that has more to do with the value we are placing on LT now that Gus is gone. They are going to treat LT a little differently.

Could you clarify? I'm not following, and that's probably just me missing the point. 

Archived