Jesse James TD that got called back

SpanosPayYourRent

Did he get a TD?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a TD

6 minutes ago, SpanosPayYourRent said:

I honest to god think the Pats got bailed again it was obviously a TD and then after that they chocked the game away, at most, it was a fumble recovery in the end zone

How can it be a fumble if he didn't maintain control. It's either a caught TD or an incomplete pass.

How many less comebacks does Brady have if teams stopped Wilsoning it at the goal line or in comeback opportunities of their own? 

And yet it's "dumbest thing on this site" to suggest Belichick is more responsible for the continued success of the Patriots. 

Because Tom Brady coached by Hue Jackson would win five Super Bowls.  :D

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How many less comebacks does Brady have if teams stopped Wilsoning it at the goal line or in comeback opportunities of their own? 

And yet it's "dumbest thing on this site" to suggest Belichick is more responsible for the continued success of the Patriots. 

Because Tom Brady coached by Hue Jackson would win five Super Bowls.  :D

Sorry, what's this got to do with the question? How about you put your petty hatred aside for the moment

Absolutely horrific rule and the right call, although I'm still not sure there's "definitive evidence" that shows he didn't have his hand underneath the ball, even if it wobbled a little upon touching the ground/his hand underneath/probably not. 100% of fans complaining or loving the call would reverse their opinion if it were the other way around.

Ask all 106 players and every coach on the field if it's a catch, and they say "Of course. He clearly caught/controlled the ball and then lunged for the end zone a little after possession. TD"

Unfortunately the rule itself is a terrible one and they probably got the call right.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Absolutely horrific rule and the right call, although I'm still not sure there's "definitive evidence"

That's the biggest problem I have with it.  It was not 100%.  The refs this year have REALLY screwed the pooch with the entire irrefutable evidence factor.  They don't understand the meaning of the word. 

It is confusing for me.  If a runner can stretch his arm out so the ball is over the goal line for a moment even if he brings it back on the other side of that line its a TD but not in this instance?  Was James a runner here?  I thought once the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD...?

Just now, Pugger said:

It is confusing for me.  If a runner can stretch his arm out so the ball is over the goal line for a moment even if he brings it back on the other side of that line its a TD but not in this instance?  Was James a runner here?  I thought once the ball crosses the goal line it is a TD...?

If you mid air catch it you have no established possession unless you are

A. Running with it.

B. Going to the ground and maintain possession from contact with the ground.

It doesn't matter where you are. The position of the goal line only mattered in this case if he was pushed back and maintained possession of the ball.

Archived