1st and Last Mock

1.25 Amarius Mims  OT  Warmed up to the idea. Exceeds weight for Packers but hits the age and athletics. Tom to move to Center and Mims to RT.

2.41 Edgerrin Cooper  LB – Biggest need. An aggressive as Hafley suggested he wanted.

2.58 Javon Bullard  S  - should be able to step right in and play. More aggressiveness for Hafley

3.88 Jaylen Wright  RB – Aaron Jones Clone

3.91 Dominick Puni  OG – Exceeds Packers age threshold, but an excellent dominating guy

4.127 Jarrian Jones  CB  - Slot

5.168 Kitan Oladapo S - Depth

6.204 Curtis Jacobs LB – Special Team Developmental type

6.216 Jordan McGee LB– Special Team Developmental type

7.243 CJ Hanson  OG – Looking for depth great athlete

7.251 Josiah Ezirim  OT – Looking for depth great athlete

So Oline looks like    Walker-Jenkins-Tom-Puni/Rhyan-Mims

Added Wright, who I think will be perfect for this offense. He has a year to get his feet wet taking 25% of the snaps by seasons end. Takes over for Jacobs (who has a lot of tough mileage on his legs and we need insurance) in 2025.

I think this, along with continued development of Love, WRs, and TEs, as well as the rapport between them – our offense would rank in the top 3 or 4.

Defensively, the improvement is mostly coming from the new DC. Cooper and Bullard should start. Jones can provide some meaningful snaps towards the end of the season.  Expect strides from Valentine and I havent’ counted out Stokes yet either.

If they do kick inside, as this mock suggests, it will be to RG, keeping Myers at center.

Or, if Tom does slide to center, Myers goes to RG.

I don't see how he (Myers) isn't a starter, somewhere on that line next year.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If they do kick inside, as this mock suggests, it will be to RG, keeping Myers at center.

Or, if Tom does slide to center, Myers goes to RG.

I don't see how he (Myers) isn't a starter, somewhere on that line next year.

I think Myers is the weak link in the OL. I have more faith in Rhyan taking another step and being really good than Myers doing much. Too many times he gets moved around or just whiffs.  I'm thinking of the Packers are thinking Tom is HOF level OC, then let's get him in there now. The depth of OT makes this the year to make the switch.

Not having to give the center help as often will free up our guards to get to the 2nd level quicker. Could be a nice boost to the run game

1 minute ago, VegasDan said:

I think Myers is the weak link in the OL. I have more faith in Rhyan taking another step and being really good than Myers doing much. Too many times he gets moved around or just whiffs.  I'm thinking of the Packers are thinking Tom is HOF level OC, then let's get him in there now. The depth of OT makes this the year to make the switch.

Not having to give the center help as often will free up our guards to get to the 2nd level quicker. Could be a nice boost to the run game

Myers gets a lot of heat from this group.  Deservedly so for some of his play early...like most everyone else on our OL.  Also?  He played really solid ball during our run later in the year.

I don't much care either way, concerning center.  If Tom slides there, Myers goes to RG.  Myers is one of our best IOL.  He will play somewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VegasDan said:

1.25 Amarius Mims  OT  Warmed up to the idea. Exceeds weight for Packers but hits the age and athletics. Tom to move to Center and Mims to RT.

2.41 Edgerrin Cooper  LB – Biggest need. An aggressive as Hafley suggested he wanted.

2.58 Javon Bullard  S  - should be able to step right in and play. More aggressiveness for Hafley

3.88 Jaylen Wright  RB – Aaron Jones Clone

3.91 Dominick Puni  OG – Exceeds Packers age threshold, but an excellent dominating guy

4.127 Jarrian Jones  CB  - Slot

5.168 Kitan Oladapo S - Depth

6.204 Curtis Jacobs LB – Special Team Developmental type

6.216 Jordan McGee LB– Special Team Developmental type

7.243 CJ Hanson  OG – Looking for depth great athlete

7.251 Josiah Ezirim  OT – Looking for depth great athlete

So Oline looks like    Walker-Jenkins-Tom-Puni/Rhyan-Mims

Added Wright, who I think will be perfect for this offense. He has a year to get his feet wet taking 25% of the snaps by seasons end. Takes over for Jacobs (who has a lot of tough mileage on his legs and we need insurance) in 2025.

I think this, along with continued development of Love, WRs, and TEs, as well as the rapport between them – our offense would rank in the top 3 or 4.

Defensively, the improvement is mostly coming from the new DC. Cooper and Bullard should start. Jones can provide some meaningful snaps towards the end of the season.  Expect strides from Valentine and I havent’ counted out Stokes yet either.

Wouldn't mind that draft.  I'd prefer Benson or Brooks over Wright.  Benson had a bad knee injury early in his career and Brooks with the knee injury likely won't be available until later in the season.  

Not sure Wright has the vision of the other two.  If the hole is there he's going through it and it's off to the races.   His issue is getting through the line and making something out of nothing if little is there.  Has a tendency hit the line and impatiently pop outside early far too often.  The other 2 guys can get something out of nothing because they have the vision and patience to let the play unfold. 

I wouldn't be disappointed in Wright, he'll get his share of long runs. I just think the other 2 are more effective on getting yards on any given play. JMO.

I’m out on Mims and Bullard (although idk if Hafley will want that type yet or not), but I’m precisely there on Cooper and the positions you went with are the same few I’m picking on.

VD gang

Edited by ChaRisMa