GDT Week 16, Browns vs. does it really matter?

Bucketheadsdad

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

San Fran had like 1-2 more wins in the last 30ish games than we did. Its not like trading him to San Fran was a favor to the kid. Hes just so god damn talented he turned the team around.

Think Hoodie was concerned more about organizational stability and culture.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The earth is round so there is a chance he played too far back which eventually lined him up in the opposing backfield.

So he was literally so far off the ball, he was off sides...

thats some crazy ish...I hope that blew your mind and Kyrie's mind lol

This game, it officially broke the straw. I want the coaching staff completely blown up. Im done with Greg Williams. I was all about giving him a chance and maybe even thinking about him deserving to maybe be the HC but I saw one too many times in this game and for the season of an opposing offense going over the middle and absolutely no one being within 5 yards of the receiver in any direction.  

now flip it, its amazing how opposing OCs can draw those kind of plays and when the Browns do something like that, the guy in the middle is completely cover and it would a dime of a pass to be completed. Like I seriously think Hue never called or designed a play that made a pass easier for Kizer that wasnt 5+ yards down field

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I wish I tolerated failures the way most of our board does. I'd be much happier with this franchise. We have 2 first and 3 second rounders. Garropolo was an obvious stud. He gets traded for peanuts. Everyone on here is OK with it because 'we couldn't get him'.

We are upset Sashi got fired yet we concede hes so pathetic he can't get a star QB with 5x the trade assets San Fran did so its all OK.

Multiple reports at the time essentially saying Belichick wasn't trading him here.

I guess if I ignored that id get worked up too....

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wow jimmy G. Screw you sashi and company. Bill wouldn’t have turned down a first. 

While Sashi & Co. deserve their fair share of blame for failing to get Garoppolo, the biggest blame of all belongs to Jimmy Haslam. If he hadn't gotten involved with the draft process, we probably would have drafted him back in '14. That draft was such a train wreck. It literally set us back years.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

This game, it officially broke the straw. I want the coaching staff completely blown up. Im done with Greg Williams. I was all about giving him a chance and maybe even thinking about him deserving to maybe be the HC but I saw one too many times in this game and for the season of an opposing offense going over the middle and absolutely no one being within 5 yards of the receiver in any direction.  

now flip it, its amazing how opposing OCs can draw those kind of plays and when the Browns do something like that, the guy in the middle is completely cover and it would a dime of a pass to be completed. Like I seriously think Hue never called or designed a play that made a pass easier for Kizer that wasnt 5+ yards down field

I'm all for a complete restart. At the beginning of the season, our defense seemed improved, specifically the run, but that seemed to be more because of the players we had. I'm sick of seeing zero adjustments and having a deep safety on every play, 3rd and 5 and we have a safety 25 years away! Teams knew the weak spot to attack was in the middle, yet, Williams didn't care.

I don't want to talk about our offense as I believe everyone already knows Hue sucks.

On 12/23/2017 at 10:40 PM, Thomas5737 said:

If that can be a thing, then yes. At this point Hue intentionally losing is possibly hurting his future as the Bengals head coach giving the Browns a better pick. Then again, who would hire a 1-31 head coach, not even the Bengals.

Once he leaves Cleveland, he will never get another HCing gig. No owner or GM could sell a fan base on why they hired this guy. OC yes, but that is about it!!!

7 hours ago, Onizuka said:

I'm all for a complete restart. At the beginning of the season, our defense seemed improved, specifically the run, but that seemed to be more because of the players we had. I'm sick of seeing zero adjustments and having a deep safety on every play, 3rd and 5 and we have a safety 25 years away! Teams knew the weak spot to attack was in the middle, yet, Williams didn't care.

I don't want to talk about our offense as I believe everyone already knows Hue sucks.

To me the defense was improved. Run defense was stellar but I saw absolutely no improvement from the past defense or how the defenders even play the pass. It’s like they have been making the same mistakes and using the same coverages since week1. That’s unacceptable when it’s week16 and the opposing offense is still exposing and exploiting the same holes and weaknesses. 

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Multiple reports at the time essentially saying Belichick wasn't trading him here.

I guess if I ignored that id get worked up too....

I also read a ton of reports saying he wouldn't get traded unless it was a kings ransom. Those weren't true.

Not trying is a losers strategy. But not trying basically sums up Sashi Browns career here, and Browns fans are so used to losing that we embraced the guy whos strategy was to lose on purpose. 

If we couldn't have worked out a deal for Jimmy when we had soooooo much to offer, then that is pathetic. 

21 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I heard Speight opted out of the draft to begin his plumbing apprenticeship. Apparently he prefers unclogging toilets to playing for the Browns. Cant blame the man. 

As long as he gets low rider jeans he should fit right in. 

Fwiw I hear JT Barrett decided to come out. He said he’d be good playing for the Browns. 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I also read a ton of reports saying he wouldn't get traded unless it was a kings ransom. Those weren't true.

Not trying is a losers strategy. But not trying basically sums up Sashi Browns career here, and Browns fans are so used to losing that we embraced the guy whos strategy was to lose on purpose. 

If we couldn't have worked out a deal for Jimmy when we had soooooo much to offer, then that is pathetic. 

What?  Sashi has been trying to trade for him for over a year!  It’s obvious belichick wasn’t going to trade him here. Most likely because jimmy said he didn’t want to play here. 

Oh and can we give defenses at least a little more time to catch up to him before we  put him in the hall of fame?  I really hate FF and the constant desire to anoint (either way) these guys with small sample sizes. Go see basketball forum how after under 10 games bahstun was the new king of the east. Also nfl general where a thread asks if jimmy is already a top ten qb. Good grief

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I don't remember you pounding the table to unload a slew of picks for him when he was an unknown, it's convienent to assume he was always a known commodity that would solidify the position, but that simply wasn't the case.

As far as offers, I believe that Sashi offered 12 and 33 in April and was turned down. 

It wasn't a lack of trying, nor an unwillingness to make the best offer, Belichick didn't want to send him here.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2017/11/cleveland_browns_never_had_a_c.html

Pluto spells it out here after doing some research through his sources.  

Archived