GDT Week 16, Browns vs. does it really matter?

Bucketheadsdad

I've been pro trading a first rounder plus for over a year for JG, and I dont buy for a second that the Pats would take an offer that is a full first rounder lower than what they ended up getting 'just because'. 

If they were hesistant, negotiate and make it happen. It wasn't impossible. 

All San Fran needed was a QB. Our roster is better than their sans QB. We could have made it happen.

16 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I've been pro trading a first rounder plus for over a year for JG, and I dont buy for a second that the Pats would take an offer that is a full first rounder lower than what they ended up getting 'just because'. 

If they were hesistant, negotiate and make it happen. It wasn't impossible. 

All San Fran needed was a QB. Our roster is better than their sans QB. We could have made it happen.

Again, you're ignoring what is being reported because it doesn't fit your narrative.

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

As long as he gets low rider jeans he should fit right in. 

Fwiw I hear JT Barrett decided to come out. He said he’d be good playing for the Browns. 

JT decided?? I thought the universe as a whole had come to that conclusion. JT sucks.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

To me the defense was improved. Run defense was stellar but I saw absolutely no improvement from the past defense or how the defenders even play the pass. It’s like they have been making the same mistakes and using the same coverages since week1. That’s unacceptable when it’s week16 and the opposing offense is still exposing and exploiting the same holes and weaknesses. 

I know it wasn’t you you said it in other thread topics, but where are all the people that said this is a GOOD defense?  They should be on here posting their defense of the defense, but alas the emperor has no clothes.  I would have thought I had no idea what I was looking at when I said this defense is not good. I’m glad there are others that see the same poor characteristics. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Again, you're ignoring what is being reported because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I'm not ignoring it because it doesn't fit my narrative. I'm saying you can't take it at face value because its a process and negotiation and whats reported doesn't mean there is a 0% chance. Also it fundamentally doesn't make sense that the Pats would completely dismiss a significantly better deal just cuz. 

For instance, if i followed the narrative on what was reported, then Garropolo wouldn't have gotten traded for a second rounder. It was widely reported it would take a first + more. Instead a naked second rounded did the trick. 

I net the 49ers are happy what was being reported didn't fit the narrative. They benefited from it. They got someone who's worth the #1 overall pick for a 2nd rounder. 

17 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I'm not ignoring it because it doesn't fit my narrative. I'm saying you can't take it at face value because its a process and negotiation and whats reported doesn't mean there is a 0% chance. Also it fundamentally doesn't make sense that the Pats would completely dismiss a significantly better deal just cuz. 

It may not be "just cuz". Some reports were that Belichick wanted him out of the AFC, some others reported Garoppolo and, more specifically his agent, didn't want him in Cleveland and Bill liked the kid and the agent represented other players and didn't want to sour the relationship for minimal value. Obviously we don't know if there's any truth to any of it, but it's just some of what has been reported.

For instance, if i followed the narrative on what was reported, then Garropolo wouldn't have gotten traded for a second rounder. It was widely reported it would take a first + more. Instead a naked second rounded did the trick. 

We offered the 12th and 33rd in April according to multiple reports, so they did in fact turn down a better offer than they received.

I net the 49ers are happy what was being reported didn't fit the narrative. They benefited from it. They got someone who's worth the #1 overall pick for a 2nd rounder. 

Let's not get carried away here, it's been 5 games, dude's averaging a TD a game.

54 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I know it wasn’t you you said it in other thread topics, but where are all the people that said this is a GOOD defense?  They should be on here posting their defense of the defense, but alas the emperor has no clothes.  I would have thought I had no idea what I was looking at when I said this defense is not good. I’m glad there are others that see the same poor characteristics. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

I talked about the run defense and how much they have improved and that this browns defense is better than years past. Years past the browns couldn’t stop the run as well as the pass. Hell peppers had one of his better games yesterday and he played a lot more near the LOS but the pass defense is astrious. Browns don’t have the talent to be a top tier pass defense but damn they have the talent to improve throughout the year and not get completely picked apaet

Archived