5 Personnel Moves That SHOULD Be Made

TheOnlyThing

Just now, squire12 said:

Not when just about every team is looking for pass rushers, starters or situational ones.  

CM can be a very solid situation EDGE and a spot ILB for GB.  Getting him around 50-60% of the snaps would be best

Without a doubt.  The notion that the Packers are releasing Clay Matthews is downright ridiculous.  He's a #3 EDGE at this point in his career.  Maybe if you want to get him more snaps, you give him reps inside but either way his snaps need to come down.  And honestly, that means Nick Perry has to stay healthy.  At this point, Nick Perry is right behind Aaron Rodgers in terms of shutting him down for the year.  Get the man healthy.

7 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

Who made that suggestion?

Perhaps using the phrase "let go" wasn't accurate but one poster on the first page of this thread said Spriggs is not a starter and I believe that kind of assessment is premature.

Morgan Burnett isn't a hitter? That's exactly what he is. He's a plus box safety/hybrid LB. Not re-signing him makes this team worse than re-signing him. If you put your faith in Josh Jones you might have a better player in a couple years, or you might not, but it's not likely next year. Plus you lose crucial depth and experience. If Jones goes down you'd prefer to have a Burnett than a Brice or Evans. When you play big nickel/dime same thing.

Everyone who wants to use FA money to make this team better and then eschews the best possible FAs- plus players with experience playing on this team- needs to reevaluate where that complaint is really coming from.

Obviously price is the biggest factor in the end, but unless the market is crazy you're not gonna find many better players at that position-if any- in FA. And good luck finding big players at the positions we need to spend that money on otherwise.

Pretty much the same applies to Bulaga. Yeah he's injured a lot, but when healthy you'd rather have him than anyone else on this team and who else are you signing with that level of play? I'd rather have an improving backup in Spriggs than an unknown starter in Spriggs.

12 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Have to figure Montgomery will move back to WR with the emergence of both Williams and Jones. That alone makes Cobb expendable

Sorry, but no.  Monty is made of glass. You just can't count on him being there.  He might be the biggest tease on the roster.

48 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Sorry, but no.  Monty is made of glass. You just can't count on him being there.  He might be the biggest tease on the roster.

I have two questions regarding all of this (legit questions that I don't have an answer for, not trying to be facetious)

• Which is the riskiest position injury wise, WR or RB? I'd say RB but I don't know.
  • Regardless of roster competition, where does Monty's skillset fit best?

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

We are a difference making EDGE guy away from having a very good front 7. That one pass rusher would make our secondary troubles a lot less pronounced. Not gonna happen because they are going to resign him, but I would love Demarcus Lawrence on this team

Could you imagine Dallas letting him go?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Packerraymond said:

Like AG said, none of these moves are that over the top or bad ideas, but you're going to have around 30m dollars this off-season, you've created about another 40 cutting Jordy, Cobb, Clay and BB. 70m dollars to spend on Adams and Linsley and then whatever we want would be awesome, but would never happen. Cobb should be cut, and a decision made on CMIII, maybe a move to ILB and a cheap extension and a push back of guarantees so we can spread out money? Either way we'll probably be around 40-45m in cap, I can't see us getting above 50.

Just another little twist, maybe, just maybe with all that extra $$$, TT goes wild in FA trying to surround Rodgers with as much talent as he can before he rides off into the sunset.  Like your mock, TT could spend heavy in FA on offense and draft heavy defense, or you can switch it around.  Not to far fetched if TT want to win before retiring.  (Should have thought about that many years ago, but it could be like a panic mode thing.)

4 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I have two questions regarding all of this (legit questions that I don't have an answer for, not trying to be facetious)

• Which is the riskiest position injury wise, WR or RB? I'd say RB but I don't know.
  • Regardless of roster competition, where does Monty's skillset fit best?

Little humor, Bears or Vikings?  With his injury history, I wouldn't be surprised if he's released or cut.  

Archived