way to early/crazy mock for 2018

flyguy1609

way to early mock for 2018.

i think we finish with the 18th pick and just miss the playoffs-

OFF THE WAY idea- if the bengals decide to blow it and rebuild I would trade a rd 2 pick and 4th next yr for AJ Green.  if we do that then we don't sign Robinson.

- resign Ngata(if he doesnt want to retire) he may want to come back for one more year.
-resign- ansah
-resign- hayden
-resign- tavon wilson
resign- tj jones/ Lawson/ Swanson/Tahir Whitehead

extend- Ebron- i think he is finally figuring out how to be a complete TE(he actually has more cathes since week 11 then T Kelce)

Extend Tate-

FA's
 Muhammad Wilkerson-(jets cut him) we give him an incentive contract 2-30 mil
* Allen Robinson- 1 yr prove it deal*
 Johnathan Joseph- 2 yr deal

draft.
rd 1-pick 18 - Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

rd 2 pick 18- DeShon Elliott, S, Texas/ Aj green

rd 3 pick 18- Andrew Brown, DE/DT, Virginia

rd 4 pick 18- James Hearns, DE/OLB, Louisville

rd 5 pick 18- Kyle Hicks, RB, TCU

rd 6- traded to the rams.

rd 7- traded to bucs for Jon Banks. not sure if we get it back or not

lmk what you guys think

33 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

way to early mock for 2018.

i think we finish with the 18th pick and just miss the playoffs-

OFF THE WAY idea- if the bengals decide to blow it and rebuild I would trade a rd 2 pick and 4th next yr for AJ Green.  if we do that then we don't sign Robinson.

- resign Ngata(if he doesnt want to retire) he may want to come back for one more year.
-resign- ansah
-resign- hayden
-resign- tavon wilson
resign- tj jones/ Lawson/ Swanson/Tahir Whitehead

extend- Ebron- i think he is finally figuring out how to be a complete TE(he actually has more cathes since week 11 then T Kelce)

Extend Tate-

FA's
 Muhammad Wilkerson-(jets cut him) we give him an incentive contract 2-30 mil
* Allen Robinson- 1 yr prove it deal*
 Johnathan Joseph- 2 yr deal

draft.
rd 1-pick 18 - Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

rd 2 pick 18- DeShon Elliott, S, Texas/ Aj green

rd 3 pick 18- Andrew Brown, DE/DT, Virginia

rd 4 pick 18- James Hearns, DE/OLB, Louisville

rd 5 pick 18- Kyle Hicks, RB, TCU

rd 6- traded to the rams.

rd 7- traded to bucs for Jon Banks. not sure if we get it back or not

lmk what you guys think

I agree with you. I think we will win out and go 10-6 but still miss the playoffs. We have a solid chance to beat Cincy and I suspect that GB will shut Rodgers down with nothing significant to play for. It would give them a few more games to showcase Hundley as a trade option and maybe play the spoiler.

AJ Green - I can't see the Bengals trading him away, especially for a 2nd round pick. I would expect a team like the Rams or Panthers to trade a low end 1st round pick if he's available at all. Similar compensation as the Pats/Saints trade for Cooks

Allen Robinson - He's going to want to get paid. If he moves on from Jacksonville, he could be a top target for the Browns and all of their cash. Baltimore, Arizona and SF also provide options for a decent payday along with opportunities to play. We need an upgrade at 3rd/4th receiver. You don't pay Tate that kind of money to be your slot guy

Wilkerson - Was suspended for violating team rules. Apparently he's missing and/or late for meetings. He's a talented guy but not sure that I want that kind of attitude on my team. He's also going to want to get paid. Someone will overpay him far more than what he's worth based on talent.

DRAFT

I don't dislike the pick of Price although it would depend on where you want to play him. Is Glasgow the OC of the future? Is Price now LG? What do you do with Swanson?

I'm not thrilled with this draft. We can't run the ball or stop the run. I don't see Ansah getting much better but he's going to want to be paid. Hard to rely on Ngata (age/injuries) and Wilkerson (maturity).

I want to know the numbers on Ansah before I decide if I like bringing him back or not.

I don't think Swanson has done enough this year to justify resigning him for starter money. I think we'd be better of moving Glasgow inside and finding a new guard. Might be on board with resigning Swanson as depth, but I don't think he'd be keen on that.

I like resigning Ngata, our run defense was night and day before/after he got hurt.

Diggs play at SS has made Wilson completely expendable imo. I thought Killebrew would be the SS of the future but Diggs is balling out and making plays.

I want to know the money on Ebron before I decide if I like it or not. We already have him locked up next year, and this recent hot streak is to small of a window for me to commit big money long term.

Our secondary with JJ would be unreal. I already think it's the best secondary I've ever seen us have. Adding Joseph to the mix would be amazing, but I feel like the money could do more elsewhere.

Speaking of money and resources better spent elsewhere, why does it seem everyone is so into massive changes to our WRs? I'd be happy with Jones, Tate, Galloday, Tate, and a developmental player. They've all been having good years and making impact plays. 

Haven't done enough research into the prospects to form a strong opinion on the draft. I do like 3 of the first 4 picks being spent on the lines.

It takes courage to post a mock this early.?

1. I’m very happy with the receivers currently on the roster.

2. I’m in favour of building the lines on both sides of the ball. I like Price but that’s really high for an OG/OC without knowing who else is on the board. I see a few DT’s that seem to me better value.

3. If Ngata wants to come back. Sign him. He showed how valuable he is against the run. His presence along with the development of Davis would make this a hard team to run against.

4. I think Ebron has figured it out but I’d rather wait to sign him. Small sample sizes are can prove to be costly.

5. Ansah depends on the money. I doubt the Lions give him  the kind of money he’s looking for. He’s simply not providing a big enough impact.

6. Do you think Hicks is an upgrade or is it just a shot in the dark? Personally unless they draft one of the big name backs or sign a FA I don’t see the point. One interesting name to watch is Trent Richardson. All reports out of Regina are that he’s regained his dedication and love of the game. A one year league minimum contract would be a gamble I’d consider.

7. If the Lions signed Joseph the secondary would be outrageous. Joseph/Slay/Diggs/Quin is an excellent back end. Draft or sign players for the line and the defence would be formidable.

i like the other dl8ne picks.

I like the Allen Robinson 1 year proven it deal.

Also going to piggy back what people have been saying about the Ansah signing. Without knowing the numbers tough to say if it's good or bad.

I like the first pick, but kinda feel like MEH on the second pick with you signing Joseph and resigning Wilson. It's good to have a deep secondary but dang, with this Lions are really deep!

Archived