Who deserves more blame Hue or Kizer?

brownie man

Who deserves more blame???  

19 members have voted

1. 1. More blame

• Hue
    • Kizer

I know my boy Kizer deserves ALOT OF BLAME 

He has consistently made terrible decisions that are inexcusable. 

Some say he’s the worst QB we’ve ever had. I ain’t going that far at all. He has shown a lot of flashes.

But he has looked really bad. 

He is a major reason we are 0-14.

But there was a guy last year that went 1-15 without Kizer. 

His name is Hue Jackson and the guy is terrible. 

Like yesterday Crowell has 5 rushes for 72 yards. Are you kidding me??? But your 21 year old QB throws 37 Times. 

Something is wrong here. And it’s been like that all season. 

We are the worst most undisciplined stupid team in the NFL and we were the same last year too. 

I think Hue deserves more blame but I’m biased.   

Just now, brownie man said:

I know my boy Kizer deserves ALOT OF BLAME 

He absolutely does. His Red Zone numbers and turnover differential is as bad as I've ever seen.

He has consistently made terrible decisions that are inexcusable. 

If by bad decisions, you mean something that I'd yell at one of the freshmen that plays football where I coach for, then YES. It's inexcusable.

Some say he’s the worst QB we’ve ever had. I ain’t going that far at all. He has shown a lot of flashes.

Goodness no. Anyone else remember Charlie French Frye or Brandon Weeden?

But he has looked really bad. 

SO bad that the Browns will draft someone #1 overall for sure.

He is a major reason we are 0-14.

Hard to argue with.

But there was a guy last year that went 1-15 without Kizer. 

I wholeheartedly agree buddy. Hue Jackson is INEPT.

His name is Hue Jackson and the guy is terrible. 

I have no idea how he's still employed. It's mind blowing. He'll be 1-31 and somehow keep his job. What a joke!

Like yesterday Crowell has 5 rushes for 72 yards. Are you kidding me??? But your 21 year old QB throws 37 Times. 

And from his own 2 yard line with a backup LT that got embarrassed, resulting in a strip six that wasn't even close to his fault.

Something is wrong here. And it’s been like that all season. 

The Browns have TWICE as many vertical routes this year than any other team in the NFL. That doesn't help ANY 21 year old QB succeed or even improve.

We are the worst most undisciplined stupid team in the NFL and we were the same last year too. 

Direct result of both coaching and youth on both sides of the ball, not to mention special teams.

I think Hue deserves more blame but I’m biased.   

Hue deserves to be GONE.

The Browns need to draft another QB at #1 overall. I'd still keep Kizer as a major developmental "sit on the bench for 2 years and let's hope for the best" guy.

Kizer deserves no blame, he's a 21 year old rookie. Goff, Stafford, etc were much higher rated prospects with more collegiate experience who struggled mightily year 1.  This should have been expected if we're being honest with ourselves.

Hue was the qb guru who's failed in two consecutive seasons/drafts.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kizer deserves no blame, he's a 21 year old rookie. Goff, Stafford, etc were much higher rated prospects with more collegiate experience who struggled mightily year 1.  This should have been expected if we're being honest with ourselves.

"Trust me on this one"
"If im worth my salt as a coach i'll get the best out of deshone kizer"
"this doesnt define who i am as a coach"
I'll say 70% of this is on hue
20% of this is on sush dog for not trading up for mahomes
5 % of this is on dorsey for trading up for mahomes
5% of this is on kizer

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn't exactly say No Blame.....his turnovers have been hideous, and sure much of that can be attributed to poor play calling.  Hue has been unbelievably bad.  I gave him some benefit of the doubt earlier, because I don't think this team is very talented.  I still blame alot of that on Sashi, although, if you were ok with the complete overhaul, and the process...so be it.  Hue has continued to get even worse as the weeks progress.  It's really quite sad.

Hue and Kizer were made for each other. I actually wouldn't be shocked to find out that Hue is Kizer from the future.

After failing as an NFL QB, Kizer(Hue) experiences trauma after trauma that causes him to shrink in height and gain weight while losing his luxurious locks to become Hue(Kizer).

Hue(Kizer) goes back in time to try to mentor his younger self and stop him from becoming himself, but sadly he is just as inept as his younger self. 

Coming summer 2018 Hue and Kizer in...

REDZONE I.N.T.:Interdimensional Nincompoop Time-travel

11 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Hue and Kizer were made for each other. I actually wouldn't be shocked to find out that Hue is Kizer from the future.

After failing as an NFL QB, Kizer(Hue) experiences trauma after trauma that causes him to shrink in height and gain weight while losing his luxurious locks to become Hue(Kizer).

Hue(Kizer) goes back in time to try to mentor his younger self and stop him from becoming himself, but sadly he is just as inept as his younger self. 

Coming summer 2018 Hue and Kizer in...

REDZONE I.N.T.:Interdimensional Nincompoop Time-travel

Well done. 

I'd put it mostly on Hue, because if Kizer was this unprepared then he never should've started him. He also shouldn't have killed the confidence of a guy (Kessler) who looked like, at worst, a very competent backup last year, by benching him repeatedly and then giving the QB job to everyone and their mom but him in the offseason.

Kizer deserves blame for not playing well in the situation that he is in.

The FO deserves some blame for going Britt over someone like Alshon.

But mostly, Hue deserves blame for not putting Kizer into situations in which he could succeed (utter abandoning of the run game all year, too many deep passes right away, etc.) and not well utilizing the personnel that he DOES have to make it easier on Kizer (using Duke and the TE's more). I mean, even Britt! NE goes out and signs him to a two year deal, and I guarantee he will be better there because they'll use him better.

8 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd put it mostly on Hue, because if Kizer was this unprepared then he never should've started him. He also shouldn't have killed the confidence of a guy (Kessler) who looked like, at worst, a very competent backup last year, by benching him repeatedly and then giving the QB job to everyone and their mom but him in the offseason.

Kizer deserves blame for not playing well in the situation that he is in.

The FO deserves some blame for going Britt over someone like Alshon.

But mostly, Hue deserves blame for not putting Kizer into situations in which he could succeed (utter abandoning of the run game all year, too many deep passes right away, etc.) and not well utilizing the personnel that he DOES have to make it easier on Kizer (using Duke and the TE's more). I mean, even Britt! NE goes out and signs him to a two year deal, and I guarantee he will be better there because they'll use him better.

giphy%20(5).gif

They set that young man up for little more than failure.

Sashi Brown deserves the most blame and he was fired for it. Kessler, Hogan, Kizer are all him. Not resigning McCown, not keeping Osweiler, NOT signing a vet QB. All on him. Kenny Britt and the practice squad all-stars... ON HIM. We had plenty of cap space to resign pryor who actually worked pretty well in Hue Lue's system. Shoot we had enough money to keep McCown as well. Sashi deserves a big bite out of this turd sandwich... in fact he should be taking some of it home. 

Next in the blame game comes Kizer. The kid is exactly what everyone thought he would be. A really rough around the edges QB that was not Pro ready and would need serious time to develop. (He should have been developing behind a Vet.) Hue Lue is not throwing those passes. Hue Lue is not staring down receivers. Hue Lue is not out there making dumb decisions with the ball. Hue Lue hasn't turned the ball over 25 times. Kizer HAS. The kid has had 14 games and a preseason to watch his tapes and learn from his mistakes. He hasn't and it shows. He has yet to learn from any of his mistakes. He still throws the pick. He still takes the sack. He still doesn't protect the football. He still stares down his man. Kizer is not good! 

Lastly I'm blaming Hue Lue. He is the coach of this clown college.  He can't manage the clock. He can't call plays. He doesn't know how to use his  personnel. He can't coach his limited talent up at all. Only thing that looks decent on this team is the defensive front 7 and he doesn't coach that part of the team! 

So if I was Dorsey, I'd trade Hue Lue to Cinci for our 7th. Keep Greg Williams, Fire Tabor, cut Kizer and allow a new coach and OC to come in and take the best rookie QB they think would fit into their system and be able to run it from DAY 1. Use FA and the rest of the picks to build around who ever we pick at QB. Then SIGN A MUTHA LOVING VET QB! 

that is all

Mastercheddar

I like Kizer, he is a good kid ho has ridiculously high self belief. I think he becomes either a good back up or a decent starter in time.  He is talented and smart enough to do a lot better than he has done this year. 

Raw, talented, young QB's can be effective in the NFL in the right circumstances.  You need a strong running game, a good defense and then very simple reads for him to make. 

Hue did everything wrong he could of done wrong. No simple reads, all one on one routes, no one is schemed open, we don't relly on the running game, we don't even use our TE's anymore. It is a cluster fluf of stupid.  

Wow. There is so much here that could be discussed.  Of course, there are multiple opinions and factors that go into all of this, as we know. I’m sure we all watched the game yesterday. My first response to the Browns effort was, “it looks like they are literally running practice plays, with no direction or goal at all.”  It was unbelievable. Go back and watch it. 

I was of the opinion that Hue should return, as we had no talent to work with and 2018 would be his put-up-or-shut-up year once they hired Dorsey. After yesterday, I’m not so sure. The play calling, the all around ineptness of this team (yes, I’m going to harp on ST again), horrible defense, etc. But, if you noticed three things that Steve Buerlein and Steve Tasker talked about yesterday: Kizer’s inaccuracy, the failure to jam the Ravens gunners on punts, and the absence of a veteran QB to provide leadership for Kizer. So to me, it is a combination of both their fault, with a huge dose of blame squarely on that Elk and Elk reject Sashi Brown for crippling their chance from the get-go by not giving them the supporting talent to help BOTH of them (and the team) be successful.

While Kizer made some nice plays with his legs, and he has made a handful of nice throws this year, his negatives are so great as to outweigh any positives, and I don’t care who the coach is. Number one is the accuracy, or lack thereof. No way he can be a successful NFL QB and be that inaccurate, and we saw it yesterday. He may be the only starting QB in the NFL that can throw a 5 yard screen pass BEHIND the line to a RB with no one close to him into the ground. He did that yesterday. And then you have the turnovers. We cannot have a QB that turns the ball over twice a game. And the absolutely horrible decisions we’ve seen him make. Look, I don’t care how bad the play call is, I don’t care if you are 21 years old. You declared. You said you were ready. At some point you have to know when to throw the ball away or take a sack and not throw the ball at all. You are the quarterback. You’ve played the position how many years?  We’re not talking about asking you to do the impossible. We’re asking you to do the most basic thing every quarterback should know to do and that is to protect the football, ya dig?  We need a franchise quarterback, without question. 

The undisciplined play. I’m starting to wonder about Garrett. He’s good for two offsides a game. That’s got to stop. Aggressiveness or coaching? Both. We’re just showing traits of a bad football team. We don’t cover anyone, we put zero pressure on the quarterback. It’s bad. And in between we’ll have a great goal line stand to give us false hope. 

All in all, I think we need a coaching change and we need a quarterback change.  We already have the change we need at GM, I believe. 

Sorry this is so long. I feel like Mike Singletary, “I want WINNERS!”. Go Browns. Thanks for reading. 

50 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I think if you replaced Kizer with Brady we are 10-6 or better.

I think if you replaced Hue with BB we are 3-13 to 5-11 depending on the breaks. 

Here's the biggest thing...

If you draft a QB #1 overall and have a coach like Hue, you win 3-4 games...

If you draft a QB #1 overall and have a coach like BB you win 8-10 games...

I've watched Hue, his coaching decisions are terrible and he seems to throw at whatever personnel is on the field.  He isn't helping Kizer much, it doesn't seem like he will help Darnold/Rosen at all.  I cut our losses with him and give Dorsey the chance to find the guy he wants....

Archived