Who deserves more blame Hue or Kizer?

brownie man

Who deserves more blame???  

19 members have voted

1. 1. More blame

• Hue
    • Kizer

And Another thing that Grinds my Gears.....

In the Greenbay Game, when Kizer threw that pick at the start of OT......it was 3rd and 1.5 yards......Crowell had 121yards at that point.....and Hue calls a play that has that weird motion crap....where 4 cats line up in a box (2 wr in front, and the RB and the TE stacked behind them) on one side....and Josh Gordon was all alone on the other side (well there were TWO Packers defenders over there with him).......I started shaking my head when I saw the shift.......and sure enough.....INT........Kizer should have not been put in that position in the first place.....

IMO that's like, leaving your 4 year old at home alone....and then getting mad when he sets the house on fire........the 4 year old should not have been put in that position by the folks are in charge of his care and proper development.

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

?????

man idk 

i didnt mean for it to be 

that wasn’t my intention 

but deep down..Idk maybe there’s no way around it 

You've stepped back, it took you awhile but it is noticeable. No shame in favoring a player. I was actually excited when Maziel first stepped on the field I had a feeling good things were going to happen. It had been a long time since we had a playmaker at QB. Oops. I hated Derek Carr as a prospect, mostly oops. The greatest talent evaluators aren't that great at it and they get a lot more info than us so there is no shame in being wrong a few times. I think most of us are right more often than not so we're doing well with the resources available.

On 12/18/2017 at 4:30 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Oh and Kessler is garbage. There I said it. 

What the heck happened to that guy end of 2016 into the offseason? He looked like a REALLY good backup last year, and then he can't hit  barn in training camp? That's such a huge mystery to me that no one is talking about.

Not sure I agree with people saying Kizer is garbage.  He is playing like garbage for a variety of reasons.  Yeah he makes a ton of idiotic mistakes, which should be fully expected playing on THIS team for THIS coach.

He has shown he has the tools to be a good NFL QB.  

Now, i was ticked when we drafted him cause it was a wasted pick.  There was zero chance he was going to be able to do enough this year for us to not go for a QB #1 or sign the best FA QB available.  Youngest QB in the draft who was as raw as they come???  He never shoulda seen an NFL field this year.  However, i think he has shown enough that with time and good coaching he would be decent.  It just isnt gonna happen here 

10 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Not sure I agree with people saying Kizer is garbage.  He is playing like garbage for a variety of reasons.  Yeah he makes a ton of idiotic mistakes, which should be fully expected playing on THIS team for THIS coach.

Now, i was ticked when we drafted him cause it was a wasted pick.  There was zero chance he was going to be able to do enough this year for us to not go for a QB #1 or sign the best FA QB available.  Youngest QB in the draft who was as raw as they come???  He never shoulda seen an NFL field this year.  However, i think he has shown enough that with time and good coaching he would be decent.  It just isnt gonna happen here 

Where has he shown he has the tools to be a good NFL QB? My God, it's not like he has been a mediocre QB this year, he has been the WORST QB in the league. He was born with the ability to throw a football far and to throw it hard, but he hasn't shown that he can do much else aside from that. His acumen for the game of football hasn't been there. There's a reason why we don't see that many franchise caliber QB's in the league year after year. It takes something special, and where we want to blame it on coaching, For many NFL franchise QB's it's not something taught or developed by coaching, it's working harder than anyone else, wanting to be better than any other QB. From Robert Kraft, this is what Tom Brady said to him when they first met in person after Brady being drafted. “And he looked me in the eye and said ‘I’m the best decision this organization has ever made.’'

There is a confidence that shows in every franchise QB. It doesn't waiver through up's and downs, coaching changes, wins or losses. Determination grows through adversity, losses make them work harder and become more obsessed with becoming better. Deshone Kizer isn't any of these. 

This doesn't mean that I think Hue has done a good job coaching this team. He hasn't. But if we want to win football games and make the playoffs and compete, we have to get a QB, no matter who the coach is. 

11 hours ago, duke2056 said:

What do you think we could get for Kizer in trade? I'm thinking 4th round pick at best. Probably more like a 6th. I would suspect that the league right now would call him a longshot to become a successful starter in his career, partly based on his rookie mistakes but mostly because of his sporadic accuracy, which is more alarming.

17 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Do I think Kizer is prime rib? Nope. But he is a decent cut of meat. It comes down to the chef and how he seasons it and cooks it. 

Right now Hue is our Chef. With the way he is cooking, he doesn’t deserve to be the line lead at a Taco Bell. 

As I said, there was zero chance Kizer was going to do enough to keep us from either drafting a QB at 1 or signing the best available FA QB.  He was a wasted pick in that regard.  

He had no chance.  Young, raw, horrid coach, bad weapons most of the year.......

51 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

As I said, there was zero chance Kizer was going to do enough to keep us from either drafting a QB at 1 or signing the best available FA QB.  He was a wasted pick in that regard.  

He had no chance.  Young, raw, horrid coach, bad weapons most of the year.......

Kizer did us good. He helped get Hue Jackson fully exposed as a HC and OC. 

9 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Where has he shown he has the tools to be a good NFL QB? My God, it's not like he has been a mediocre QB this year, he has been the WORST QB in the league. He was born with the ability to throw a football far and to throw it hard, but he hasn't shown that he can do much else aside from that. His acumen for the game of football hasn't been there. There's a reason why we don't see that many franchise caliber QB's in the league year after year. It takes something special, and where we want to blame it on coaching, For many NFL franchise QB's it's not something taught or developed by coaching, it's working harder than anyone else, wanting to be better than any other QB. From Robert Kraft, this is what Tom Brady said to him when they first met in person after Brady being drafted. “And he looked me in the eye and said ‘I’m the best decision this organization has ever made.’'

There is a confidence that shows in every franchise QB. It doesn't waiver through up's and downs, coaching changes, wins or losses. Determination grows through adversity, losses make them work harder and become more obsessed with becoming better. Deshone Kizer isn't any of these. 

This doesn't mean that I think Hue has done a good job coaching this team. He hasn't. But if we want to win football games and make the playoffs and compete, we have to get a QB, no matter who the coach is. 

He has great size, durability thus far, athleticism, underrated elusiveness when under pressure.  He's more than an arm.  He may not have what's necessary upstairs to be great in this league, but most guys don't. I'd say there's a 50% chance he will still be in the league 8 years from now off those qualities.

I think Kizer's confidence issues are overblown.  He threw one of the most disgraceful interceptions to end the Packers game and said that if Clay didn't hit his arm strike up the band.  I think sometimes too much confidence in his arm is the issue.

Also Hue has done a disgraceful job coaching this team and Sashi did a terrible job of putting reliable receivers in place.  We send our scrubs on go routes all game, and Gordon helps, but it's not like that guy had a chance to grasp the offense.  Ricardo Louis, Higgins, the platoon of UDFA guys that cycle on and off our team seem similarly clueless.  David Njoku is talented but too raw to see the field for 50% of the snaps.

I like Kizer for what he is, and I think we should take a QB #1, it's not mutually exclusive in my mind.  I think he's a top tier backup with trade value.

43 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

To be honest, we have the most overrated coaching staff of all time on our hands IMO, all of them are living off prior success from other teams.

Only person earning there pay is the defensive staff. I know the way the safeties have been handled is weird and we complain about it but we have to wait to see if it was because of a lack of talent in the secondary or not. I will say the run defense has been amazing. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Only person earning there pay is the defensive staff. I know the way the safeties have been handled is weird and we complain about it but we have to wait to see if it was because of a lack of talent in the secondary or not. I will say the run defense has been amazing. 

The only guy I think holds his weight is Blake Williams, he is going an outstanding job with the LBs, and Simmons with the DL's run fits.

Archived