Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson

Cutler06

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree there. But round 2? Maybe a small trade down or up?

Second round QBs in the last 15 drafts 

Will Levis, Kyle Trask, Jalen Hurts, Drew Lock, DeShone Kizer, Christian Hackenberg, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo, Geno Smith, Brock Osweiler, Andy Dalton, Collin Kaepernick, Jimmy Clausen, Pat White

Of those 14 guys: You’ve got one legit hit in Jalen Hurts, three guys who were long term starters, one guy the jury is still out on, one high end backup/low end starter, three decent backups, four outright busts and a guy who’s career was cut short for reasons we won’t be discussing on here today.

You should almost never take a QB in round 2 because if a guy has a > 50% chance of being a quality starter he’d be a first round pick, and if he’s just a backup then he’d be a 4th round grade.

I’m really not sure the second round QBs are any better than Stidham or Wilson so unless we are going up for a top 5 pick at QB I’d rather just get a good player and wait a year for an actual good QB. 

Drafting day 2 QBs usually just means you’ll be taking a day 1 QB next year anyway and the pick is wasted.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I really struggled through that last one but forced myself. Can you just give us the "Cliffs Notes" version?

in their draft preview vid I asked what picks won't you guys trash just curious. And they said Deez Nutz lol bunch of tools lmao.

• Like 4

I really like this move.  A few months back I mentioned I’d much prefer taking a shot at Zach Wilson or another young physically talented QB rather than using #12 in the draft.  As long as pick 12 is used to select anything but a QB I like the move.

I’m not a big fan of Zach Wilson, but there’s no denying his talent.  We will see if the coaching staff can help put the rest of his game together. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

1-16 here we come.

If it gets us the #1 pick in every round, I’ll take it.

If Sean and George can make a few good adds in this draft, a few guys develop, and we add some fill-in FAs with our cap space next year, we will get back into contention sooner than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I really struggled through that last one but forced myself. Can you just give us the "Cliffs Notes" version?

I started it because I hate myself. A couple minutes in and there was another, ‘this is the same front office since 2017’ claim and I decided that I don’t hate myself *this* much, and pulled the plug. 

• Like 3