Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson

Cutler06

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

When's the last time the Broncos were in the playoffs again? Who's the last QB they developed? 

Something about throwing stones in a glass house. Denver has been a joke save the Manning years since Elway retired.

And I know jokes, I've been waiting for the Raiders to do anything since 2002. 

Kind of irrelevant. Coaches come and go. The present trio of Payton, Lombardi and Carmichael is the best we've ever had as far as the QB development department.  The entire group was together in NO for over a decade as HC, OC and QB coach. Pretty hard to argue with the results they achieved with Brees. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Kind of irrelevant. Coaches come and go. The present trio of Payton, Lombardi and Carmichael is the best we've ever had as far as the QB development department.  The entire group was together in NO for over a decade as HC, OC and QB coach. Pretty hard to argue with the results they achieved with Brees. 

They didn't develop Brees. They were gifted Brees. He was Pro Bowl QB in 2004, lead the Chargers to a 12-4 record. 2005 he tore a labrum in his shoulder. He was offered a 5 year deal by the Chargers to stay, he rejected it and landed on a 6 year deal in New Orleans. The rest, was history. 

And given his magnificent career in NO, they managed one Super Bowl and a host of disappointing seasons under Payton.

While I like Payton as a coach, we've yet to see Payton do anything without Brees and his NO career was a mixed bag. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They didn't develop Brees. They were gifted Brees. He was Pro Bowl QB in 2004, lead the Chargers to a 12-4 record. 2005 he tore a labrum in his shoulder. He was offered a 5 year deal by the Chargers to stay, he rejected it and landed on a 6 year deal in New Orleans. The rest, was history. 

And given his magnificent career in NO, they managed one Super Bowl and a host of disappointing seasons under Payton.

While I like Payton as a coach, we've yet to see Payton do anything without Brees and his NO career was a mixed bag. 

New Orleans went the the playoffs in nine of Sean's 14 years, advancing to at least the divisional round seven of those nine years. They had only four losing seasons and in all four they finished 7-9. I wouldn't call that a "mixed bag." 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

New Orleans went the the playoffs in nine of Sean's 14 years, advancing to at least the divisional round seven of those nine years. The had only four losing seasons and in all four they finished 7-9. I wouldn't call that a "mixed bag." 

Plausibly the worst missed call I’ve seen from another Super Bowl appearance too

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

New Orleans went the the playoffs in nine of Sean's 14 years, advancing to at least the divisional round seven of those nine years. They had only four losing seasons and in all four they finished 7-9. I wouldn't call that a "mixed bag." 

The Raiders would KILL to have anything even remotely resembling that success considering the last 20 years they've had.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm sorry BP but that's BS. Sorry man but I was a fan of his, always liked the little guy, and watched him at least twice a year while he was at SD. That was LT's team. Brees had a really good year there but that was it.  He was fun to watch but no great shakes.

He went to NO, Sean hired Pete Carmichael from the Chargers and had him working with Brees as QB coach from day 1.  I had a girlfriend in NO at the time and saw him play, live another 5 or 6 times in the next few years.. The difference was night and day. To say Carmichael, Sean and to a lesser extent Lombardi had nothing to do with that is just ridiculous. Carmichael worked with Brees from the day he entered the NFL.

The fact they only won one SB in that time had nothing to do with offense. More like defenses that were always in  the bottom half of the NFL.

You've been a good poster for years but this leans towards trolling I think. What's up with that?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I also never thought in my life time that I would see the Saints win a Super Bowl.  I remember when their fans wore bags over their heads that read, "aints."  I think the lone Super Bowl is one hell of an accomplishment for a franchise that was mostly irrelevant until Sean Payton became the coach.

• Like 4