49ers 2018 Opponents Set

y2lamanaki

Home opponents: Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Los Angeles Rams, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks.

Road opponents: Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

(Copied from ESPN)

Always hard to play the look ahead game (see the Rams, Jags, Giants, etc.), but the home slate looks a heck of a lot better than away. Only one Eastern time zone game, though!

Looks like possibly 9 wins, to me. But we're a key injury or two from winning only 4 games too. So, no reason to get carried away. Unless we really kill it in the offseason, i.e. a few very good free agents along with a great draft.

Health dependent, and only getting back our guys from this year (before any other roster changes), I'm hoping for an 8-8 season. I think that's a fair baseline. Some of those games could be very interesting - KC could be a drastically different team next year. I expect it will be Mahomes, not Smith, which is a monster change right from the start. but they are also up against a cap, lack a first round pick, and we could see them shed some of their older players and go to more younger guys.

Tampa Bay I have no idea what to make of. Is Koetter coming back, because that team is a train wreck right now. Winston hasn't progressed at all. He's still making a lot of the same errors he was in college. Their defense has major issues. 

Do the Broncos get a legit quarterback? The rest of the team is okay, but if they are trying Osweiler / Siemian and Lynch, they're not very good. Even if they land Smith / Eli, that's a legit team, I think. The Bears I would suspect to be improved, but I'm unsure to what degree. The Giants should be entering a rebuild. I can't imagine that they are throwing Eli out there again next year, though I could be wrong. The Raiders are going to be coming off a really disappointing season and still have defensive issues. 

I'm seeing a lot of games that could go either way. 

Wow that home schedule is so much more favorable than the away schedule. First niner v raider game in a while too since 2014 will be interesting for those that live around here. I'm just glad we dont have to play in England, Mars, or Mexico for a game. 

San Francisco 49ers

PFF Grade: 86.4

Elite Stat: Marquise Goodwin gained 2.65 yards per route run this week.

The favorite target of Jimmy Garoppolo this week against the Titans, Marquise Goodwin saw 13 passes thrown his way over the entire game, catching ten of them for 114 yards, 25 of which came after the catch. His chief victim was rookie corner Adoree’ Jackson, who saw nine of those targets and surrendered seven of the receptions for 77 yards.

^PFF team of the week. 

I think it was @big9erfan that mentioned those little things Jimmy does that great quarterbacks do - actually targeting struggling rookies relentlessly to gain an advantage is one you can add to the list.

Home opponents: Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Los Angeles Rams, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks.

Road opponents: Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Pending of what happens in the off-season, I think we can win the games above(BOLD).

As for the away games, i think we sweep the cardinals and beat TB. Seattle seems to be trending down so we could possibly beat them on the road. The rest of the road games will be tough. Not impossible to win but we'll have to play really good to win them.

10-6? 11-5?

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lets see the additions we make in free agency and in the draft before predicting 10 or 11 wins. Sure Garoppolo looks like the real deal, but this roster is very flawed. 

Agreed, and I don't think that we are going to go out there and sign several studs. I think we will sign one big money guy, and then a few moderately priced depth and low end starter types. 

Archived