49ers 2018 Opponents Set

y2lamanaki

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agreed, and I don't think that we are going to go out there and sign several studs. I think we will sign one big money guy, and then a few moderately priced depth and low end starter types. 

With garcon coming back, Goodwin looking like a good #2 and Taylor looking great as a slot, can you guys see us really making a run at any of the big name FA WRs?  because I can't for some reason.

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

With garcon coming back, Goodwin looking like a good #2 and Taylor looking great as a slot, can you guys see us really making a run at any of the big name FA WRs?  because I can't for some reason.

I think we should, but this is why in recent weeks I've wondered if Jimmy Graham isn't someone we target instead. We need help in the Red Zone...that can't be understated. Now some improvement will come through sheer variance, but we need a real red zone threat. Shanny loves multiple tight end sets as well. So this makes a lot of sense. 

I could also see us just trying to address this with a low rent wide receiver who specializes in this area. Eric Decker is a guy that immediately springs to mind. He wouldn't cost much of anything. 

Yeah Eric decker sounds like a guy lynch would target, although Id rather just try to draft a redzone TE. I dont like Jimmy Graham, hes soft. Injury prone and his main attribute is that he is tall. Doesnt run great routes, isnt fast, doesnt block well.. just not worth the money IMO

Also I dont see us making a move on AR15 due to his injuries, but he would be a great fit. He might want to do a 2 year, prove it type deal here - which is crazy to say, WRs taking prove it deals with the Niners. 

18 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

One of my favorite free agents is Paul Richardson. If we could steal him away from Seattle at a decent price that would be ideal imo. 

Archived