Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

I can’t get excited about the direction of this team. This is horrible. There’s no way we are keeping up with anyone else in our division or the league. Is Nix any better than a QB we can draft in the next 2 years with a top 3 pick? This feels like a disaster that won’t end…

• Like 1

I was kind of hoping we might add a veteran edge to mentor Bonitto, Cooper and Browning (also I think I read that Sanders is moving there too) instead of drafting another young guy there, but I like Jonah Elliss so I’m not too mad. 

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I really like the cardinals draft so far.

My long term girlfriend is a Cards fan so I follow their games and off-season activity more than any other team apart from the Broncos. I think they’re a dark

horse to go all the way to the NFC Championship game this season. Really nice roster they’ve built.

Not taking an offensive player is an interesting move. I admit, I don't know a ton about Elliss, but he seems like a decent player, albeit a bit short. Team seems to really like him so who knows. Not like we have a dynamic pass rush.

More telling is the tension I picked up on between Paton and Payton in the presser. The comments about trading back and the ribbing at Payton was interesting. Maybe all in good fun, but it's quite clear this is Payton's draft. Paton clearly wanted to trade back, probably not once but twice.

Will be interesting to see what happens today. The new kickoff rules emphasize the need for a second returner. I would like to see Malik Washington drafted, and at least one other offensive player. 

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Not taking an offensive player is an interesting move. I admit, I don't know a ton about Elliss, but he seems like a decent player, albeit a bit short. Team seems to really like him so who knows. Not like we have a dynamic pass rush.

More telling is the tension I picked up on between Paton and Payton in the presser. The comments about trading back and the ribbing at Payton was interesting. Maybe all in good fun, but it's quite clear this is Payton's draft. Paton clearly wanted to trade back, probably not once but twice.

Will be interesting to see what happens today. The new kickoff rules emphasize the need for a second returner. I would like to see Malik Washington drafted, and at least one other offensive player. 

So far we have the worst GM, and now possibly one of the worst HC’s in the league. And to top it off we are owned by Wal-Mart. What’s the expectation for this team the next 2-3 years? Playoffs? LOL

Hate to see the Chargers building the trenches and getting a deep threat for Herbert. You can tell they have a clear vision, albeit good draft position and pick stockpile to put it together. That and mahomes getting another speedy target doesn't look good for us.

That said, we aren't really supposed to be good next yr. That's not the window but damn, Sean needs to let George cook as far as gathering darts and maneuvering the draft. These 5ths ain't gonna cut it

15 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

So far we have the worst GM, and now possibly one of the worst HC’s in the league. And to top it off we are owned by Wal-Mart. What’s the expectation for this team the next 2-3 years? Playoffs? LOL

Falcons traded their 2nd and a 3rd to move up 8 spots in the second round. We dont have the worst gm

• Like 2

All right we have six picks today. Do we stand pat and add six players or will George move us around and maybe parlay those six picks into four players. 

I wouldn’t have a beef just standing pat and taking literally the #1 guy on our board at each pick. But, if someone they like lasts longer than they expected, go get him. We need to go 2:1 offense:defense, at least, IMO. Maybe get a WR, RB, TE, OL, DL and ILB.