Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

I think Troy Franklin makes a Sutton trade more likely but I don’t know if we’ll see that trade now. Teams who missed out on the WR they liked in the draft might be tempted to add him, but player for player trades are rare and I can’t see us trading him for a very late pick in this draft. Instead, I think we wait and see which WR gets hurt in camp and trade with them for a 2025 3rd/4th rounder. At least that also means we can just keep him if Patrick gets injured in camp again. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I guess it’s smart to get a WR with whom Nix had established chemistry. I think it’s another hint they’re planning to start Nix from the get-go. 

If someone offers us a 4th for Sutton, take it or not?

I think I’d accept something like a 4th and then a day 3 pick next year. 

7 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Thats not great value 

98.6 points for 93 points when you plug it into the value chart. When moving up for a top 50 player on the consensus board (with the added value of built-in chemistry with Nix), I think we did great.

Just picked up WR Troy Franklin, Bo's favorite target in college. Got 4.41 40-speed and has decent height at 6-2 but is only 176lbs. Looks like we had to trade up to get him, we'll see what he cost us. Would've preferred McCaffery but he went at the end of the 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Oh boy Franklin only weighed in at 176, that’s about what I weigh and I’m only 5’10” and he’s 6’2” they need to get him to add some serious weight or he won’t last long in the NFL. 

that's what I worry about him getting jammed at the line of scrimmage super talented though. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I guess it’s smart to get a WR with whom Nix had established chemistry. I think it’s another hint they’re planning to start Nix from the get-go. 

If someone offers us a 4th for Sutton, take it or not?

I think they fill different roles on the offense so I wouldn’t 

• Like 2

I like the Franklin pick. Obviously he already has chemistry with Nix. But beyond that, he’s long and fast. 39 inch vert. Good hands. Not the quickest first step, but in the open field, he outruns all but the top 1%. Dude literally walked away from D1 defensive backs all season long. 

My only concern with him is that he’s very skinny. Listed at 6’2” and 176 lbs. would feel a lot better about his long term health if he could get up to 185-190 without losing too much of that elite top end speed.