Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I can see some of that, but all of those I could “get.”  This one I don’t get.  I don’t know how to run a poll, but it’d be interesting to see a poll on people who think Nix is better than Wilson and Stidham……because they’re all the same age and Nix is probably the least talented of the group.  

Oh I don’t agree with that at all.

In terms of raw physical talent Wilson is the best. But I first talked about Nix as a possible “future first rounder” the year we drafted PS2. He’s had the tools, he just didn’t have the accuracy. Now the narrative has flipped that he’s just a dunk and dunk passer. Again, I don’t love the pick at 12 but it’s not like we reached for a 3rd rounder here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I wonder if Payton had Nix higher than Penix or McCarthy 

That would be interesting to know.  My opinion is he’s had Nix targeted for awhile and if he didn’t I think it makes this selection even worse.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well I’m not going to root against him. He was drafted about 30 picks too high. 

But he is nothing impressive from a physical standpoint, he ran a gimmick offense in a conference that doesn’t play defense and they think he can adjust to Sean’s offense in the NFL? Lammey was just calling him a super computer. My five year old could run that Oregon offense which is almost entirely side to side. 

And with the talent left on the board? The Raider got a top-5 talent. The Chargers got the best OL in the class. We took a second round QB at 12. Just so disappointing. 

And the offense we run is North/South. Lots of vertical.

Oh well, it is the first time in his life Sean had full control of a draft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

That would be interesting to know.  My opinion is he’s had Nix targeted for awhile and if he didn’t I think it makes this selection even worse.

It makes no sense to me at all. If he were targeting Nix why did we even bother to trade for Wilson?

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Now, I don’t think Nix is going to be a full out bust, a la Paxton Lynch, but what’s the absolute ceiling? Derek Carr maybe? In a division that has Mahomes/Reid and Herbert/Harbaugh. Oof. 

Should have built the roster. 

2 years younger than Herbert is all

• Like 1

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Now, I don’t think Nix is going to be a full out bust, a la Paxton Lynch, but what’s the absolute ceiling? Derek Carr maybe? In a division that has Mahomes/Reid and Herbert/Harbaugh. Oof. 

When I saw that all 11 players drafted before us were all Offensive I would have bet the farm we'd go defense. Really, how many times do you get your pick of the best defensive players in college. What a let down. Oh well, let's go Bo.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Agreed.  Derek Carr was more talented entering the draft.  I understand the position isn’t all about talent, but man it’s hard to sit and be excited drafting an at best NFL average talent at QB at 12 overall. 

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

What does Bo have to work with besides an unproven Marvin Mims, a beat up Javonte Williams, and a pissed off Courtland Sutton? 

did the Walmarts make him pick a QB to get people invested in the team?

To be fair, I don’t think the Walmarts are those kinds of owners. This pick does have the added benefit of creating buzz and getting the casual fans excited. Is it a pick that’s going to help us win games, however, I don’t think so. If Nix maxes out, he’s an above average starter, a competent game manager, good enough that with a good roster around him, we can contend for a wild card spot. 

What’s crazy is almost 20 years ago Denver took Jay Cutler at #11.  That’s how much the game has changed.  We’re sitting here trying to get excited about Bo Nix at #12.  

10 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

When I saw that all 11 players drafted before us were all Offensive I would have bet the farm we'd go defense. Really, how many times do you get your pick of the best defensive players in college. What a let down. Oh well, let's go Bo.

There weren't any elite talents on defense this year. The rest of the league clearly felt the same. 

Now, there weren't any elite QBs after (arguably) the top three as well but here we are...

41 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

You know how I know this will work out? This forum hates it. Our collective tract record on QBs is terrible. We loved the Russ trade, wanted to trade for Rodgers and hated passing on Fields and Rosen before him. 

41 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

You know how I know this will work out? This forum hates it. Our collective tract record on QBs is terrible. We loved the Russ trade, wanted to trade for Rodgers and hated passing on Fields and Rosen before him. 

That’s actually funny at the same time true. I’m sure most will come around. I just hope the player will too.