2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

It’s a 5 month old female golden retriever with a badddddd tummy. We named her Nancy Pelosi because she’s a *****.

Jk her names Phoebe after Phoebe Buffet.

Help me.

Naming your dog Nancy Pelosi....you're the dog :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, he's a solid EDGE but nothing special.

That's how I feel.   Compared to top edge rushers in the past few years I see him pretty far down the list.

Edit

Saban talking really highly about him and his effort level so I could be way off base...

Edited by Kampfgeist

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

The 2024 Carolina Panthers. Entire Org resets after this years catastrophe is historically 9/11 bad.

They've literally put their entire eggs in McCarthy's basket.

The Jacksonville Jaguars traded the No. 17 overall pick to the Minnesota Vikings for the No. 23 overall pick, a fifth-round pick (No. 167), a 2025 third-round selection and a 2025 fourth-round selection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

The 2024 Carolina Panthers. Entire Org resets after this years catastrophe is historically 9/11 bad.

We can only hope. And unlike CAR at least they didn’t trade it all to the Bears. 

*we should keep a tab on who they miss out on with their traded picks. 

Edited by Refugee

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

That's how I feel.   Compared to top edge rushers in the past few years I see him pretty far down the list.

I mean, if you want a guy that you're pretty confident is going to be an 8-ish sack season consistently that's your guy.  But I don't see him consistently being a consistent 10+ sack guy.

Just now, squire12 said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars traded the No. 17 overall pick to the Minnesota Vikings for the No. 23 overall pick, a fifth-round pick (No. 167), a 2025 third-round selection and a 2025 fourth-round selection.

MIN with no 2, 3 or 4th in 2025.  They will get some comp picks with Cousins and Hunter

Just now, squire12 said:

Wow — selling out big time

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, he's a solid EDGE but nothing special.

I've been wanting a speed rusher for years. I want somebody who can get their fast. I think we are going to be able to pressure from the middle pretty well this year. I want that speed off the EDGE. 

BTW this is falling we are going to get Cooper DeJesus. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Belichick has been a joy to listen to for real though

He just got so excited talking about a HS football matchup in August lol. Such a football guy.

saban is great too - he knows a lot of these players first hand which I love

• Like 1