2024 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

CWood21

Just now, Refugee said:

We can only hope. And unlike CAR at least they didn’t trade it all to the Bears. 

They have all their eggs in the JJ McCarthy basket.

Not the guy I’d bet my job on.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you want a guy that you're pretty confident is going to be an 8-ish sack season consistently that's your guy.  But I don't see him consistently being a consistent 10+ sack guy.

8 sacks per year is pretty good for a DT. Image the effect of rushing the QB up the middle — they hate that

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Do we know what they gave up? 

The Jacksonville Jaguars traded the No. 17 overall pick to the Minnesota Vikings for the No. 23 overall pick, a fifth-round pick (No. 167), a 2025 third-round selection and a 2025 fourth-round selection.

Just now, James Lofton said:

8 sacks per year is pretty good for a DT. Image the effect of rushing the QB up the middle — they hate that

Sorry, that was in reference to Dallas Turner who I thought we were discussing.  I do think Murphy pops with some 8+ sack seasons.

Just now, squire12 said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars traded the No. 17 overall pick to the Minnesota Vikings for the No. 23 overall pick, a fifth-round pick (No. 167), a 2025 third-round selection and a 2025 fourth-round selection.

A little rich for me. 

Also, thank you!