2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Fuaga is probably the ONLY OL I would actually be excited to land. I know this forum will burn if we go OL, but I really like Fuaga.

CB is still by far the thing I want the most.

I'd be happy to have Fautanu, but only if he doesn't require a trade up. He has unicorn lateral agility and good pop in his paws. If he's our RG, he would destroy people on pulls like Kelce did. He fits what we like to do better than Fuaga, but yea, Fuaga is a straight line juggernaut with good enough lateral mobility to handle a Bosa off the edge. He's probably not gonna have those pull block sniper shots that Fautanu can give you tho.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

The only round 2 or later CB's I care about are Melton, Rakestraw, Abrams-Draine, Khyree, and Renardo- and I wouldn't trust any of them to be better than Bradberry as rookies. We need one of Quinyon/Terrion/Dejean/Wiggins/Kool-Aid, and we need them bad.

TJ Tampa?

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

The only round 2 or later CB's I care about are Melton, Rakestraw, Abrams-Draine, Khyree, and Renardo- and I wouldn't trust any of them to be better than Bradberry as rookies. We need one of Quinyon/Terrion/Dejean/Wiggins/Kool-Aid, and we need them bad.

I'd probably sub in Andru Phillips (top 30 visit) for one of the last 2 mentioned, but yeah we aren't leaving the first or second round without a corner and if we do then I'm gonna be pissed lol. I'd put the chance of that happening at under 10% though.

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

TJ Tampa?

Ran a 4.6. I don't want less instinctive Rasul Douglas (although Rasul Douglas would make sense for a Fangio D compared to when we had him). If he bites on a move just a little bit, he's toast.

Edited by Jeezla

Admittedly haven't done a ton of research, so as a result my opinions are not as strong and I will trust Howie for most part (not that he's necessarily earned it with his career 1st round drafting).

I really want a corner, DeJean for the positional versatility feels like a great fit given the state of our secondary. Quinyon seems to be the most toolsy but if he's CB1, how high would we need to trade? Is he that much better a prospect then the next 3-4 guys? Arnold seems to be the best CB right now, going off how well he played in 2023, seems like he could be the safest CB. Getting a plus starter with him. Wiggins I view a bit as boom or bust, very easy to envision him being the best CB in this class with his length and speed but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was a total bust in the event he adds no size and/or just isn't physical enough for next level. Kool-Aid has the tools and pedigree but that Jones fracture is scary, why take the risk? That is my layman's take on the CB class, I could talk myself into any of the 5 consensus 1st round CBs.

Of course I am sure we will just go OL.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

DeJean in the 1st to play S.

Elijah Jones at 53 at CB.

2 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

DeJean in the 1st to play S.

Elijah Jones at 53 at CB.

I'm not taking Elijah before the 3rd, and DeJean can play whatever the hell he wants. We already have 3 good safeties. That's 1 more than most teams. We don't need 4 of em.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure what smack BG could possibly talk? We're not coming off a SB ring but a 7 gm and playoff collapse. 

He better not try and pull a David Akers. Would be embarrassing TBH.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Not sure what smack BG could possibly talk? We're not coming off a SB ring but a 7 gm and playoff collapse. 

He better not try and pull a David Akers. Would be embarrassing TBH.

He'll call out some random T that hes facing on the schedule and tell him hes coming for em!