2024 NFL Draft Eagles’ Day 1 War Room

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I would absolutely love it if Giants traded up to take Maye or just took a QB at 6

I think Maye's ceiling is pretty high if he gets some mechanical stuff ironed out, so I wouldn't like it. 

Hopefully the Patriots make them pay a pretty penny for only a 3 spot jump if it does happen I guess.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think Maye's ceiling is pretty high if he gets some mechanical stuff ironed out, so I wouldn't like it. 

Hopefully the Patriots make them pay a pretty penny for only a 3 spot jump if it does happen I guess.

I think Maye, especially behind that Oline, is a a sure bust.

2 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I would absolutely love it if Giants traded up to take Maye or just took a QB at 6

Unless you have ZERO belief in either Daniels or Maye why would you want the Commanders and Giants to finally find a FQB? Would rather they draft a WR and still believe in Danny Pesos instead.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unless you have ZERO belief in either Daniels or Maye why would you want the Commanders and Giants to finally find a FQB? Would rather they draft a WR and still believe in Danny Pesos instead.

I have zero belief lol 

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I think Maye, especially behind that Oline, is a a sure bust.

Fair enough. I think their OL is still eh, but its not as bad as the previous couple years. They don't exactly have a good group of weapons though.

If I'm a QB I'd obviously much rather land in Minnesota than New York or New England.... even worse situation than the former.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I'm kinda leaning towards wanting Wiggins, despite his weight. His coverage skills are a notch above DeJean/Terrion/Quinyon. He's so good at staying on a receivers hip.

Edited by Jeezla

Imo, I think Maye, Nix, and Penix are all 3rd round guys that need to sit for an entire year. Daniels should sit for some time as well but Washington at least has decent pieces on offense for him to work with. With that said I think Penix has the highest ceiling out of those 3, but he needs to go to the right team and right situation in order to have a good career.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm kinda leaning towards wanting Wiggins, despite his weight. His coverage skills are a notch above DeJean/Terrion/Quinyon. He's so good at staying on a receivers hip.

I’m with you. Stickiest corner by far but his ball skills are just mehhhh… and he couldn’t tackle a statue which means we aren’t getting him bc of scheme fit. The scheme fit is Quinyon

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I’m with you. Stickiest corner by far but his ball skills are just mehhhh… and he couldn’t tackle a statue which means we aren’t getting him bc of scheme fit. The scheme fit is Quinyon

Yea Wiggins has really short arms. Most of the CB's do, besides Kool-Aid and Melton, but Wiggins' arms are particularly short, so he's never gonna be a great tackler no matter how much weight he gains. Still, he's sticky as hell when it comes to doing the most important part of any CB's job, and I weigh coverage much higher than tackling or run defense in general.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Yea Wiggins has really short arms. Most of the CB's do, besides Kool-Aid and Melton, but Wiggins' arms are particularly short, so he's never gonna be a great tackler no matter how much weight he gains. Still, he's sticky as hell when it comes to doing the most important part of any CB's job.

Quinyons burst in off coverage is so apparent in their scheme… can see Fangio banging the table for him

6 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I do not want the giants to get Maye… he’s gonna be a stud. Hope NE just takes him 

I don't want them to take a Maye or Penix. Keep riding with DJ!

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

Quinyons burst in off coverage is so apparent in their scheme… can see Fangio banging the table for him

Ya I think this is the one thing Quinyon has going for him when it comes to the Eagles. He will fit a perfect role in the Fangio D. He is so good in off coverage, but is a massive question mark in press. Eagles could lean on his strengths while he develops the ability to play press.