So What Is John Dorsey Thinking Today?

Kathouse Sticks

If we believe the reports, the effort to hire Dorsey began after the botched trade at the deadline, which was October 31, I believe. So, Dorsey would have started paying close attention to the Browns about that time. As of today he will have seen about seven games, and he’s probably watched all of the earlier games by now. We have two games left. He’s already decided whether we will start fresh with a new head coach, I would guess. Look, Hue knows football. We know that. Is he a head coach? That’s the question. Maybe Dorsey says, “Okay, I will get you some players and see what 2018 holds.”  I could see that happening. Of course I could see a fresh start may be best, too. So after that decision is made, Dorsey turns to the quarterback position. Well, Kizer is making that decision an easy one at this point. 

Through all of this misery, I think 2018 is already looking up. We have the new GM.  We have cap space to help ourselves in free agency. We have draft ammunition to really get this ship righted.  I think we will surprise some people. 

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

"Thank you SashI for blessing me with all of these picks, all this young talent, and all this money.  And thank you Mr. Haslam for being dumb enough to fire him."

That's what I'd be thinking if I were him anyway...

Set myself up for that one, didn’t l?  So take the most reputable, respected NFL commentator, your choice, and tell me what they would say about the analytic plan? To be honest, I haven’t heard too many positive reviews on what the Browns have done these past two years from anybody. 

17 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Set myself up for that one, didn’t l?  So take the most reputable, respected NFL commentator, your choice, and tell me what they would say about the analytic plan? To be honest, I haven’t heard too many positive reviews on what the Browns have done these past two years from anybody. 

Most folks fail to see things that aren't smacking them upside the face.

Those things were said about analytics based approaches in others sports too, and here they are as one of if not the major driving force in those sports.

The fact that a bunch of geezers need to keep propagating the myth that some guys have "an eye for talent" and other non truths as a way to justify their importance is irrelevant to me. 

As far as commentators, I don't need someone else to tell me what I can see for myself. As far as what they might think?  Honestly? I don't think they have any idea what they're talking about or what analytics are, because if they did I'm not sure what they're disagreeing with.  Disagreeing with an opinion is one thing, but disagreeing with using concrete numerical data based on past successes and failures to help determine risk/benefit and identify inefficiencies? Idk man... 

3 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Now is the time for the Carp to rise. Let’s start the online petitions 

I'm in.

Move 'em to the 'Bus and let the shenanigans begin.

The NFL isn't ready for Carp fans.  Madtree and Great Lakes converging for tailgating??? Sweet baby Jesus I can see it now...

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Most folks fail to see things that aren't smacking them upside the face.

Those things were said about analytics based approaches in others sports too, and here they are as one of if not the major driving force in those sports.

The fact that a bunch of geezers need to keep propagating the myth that some guys have "an eye for talent" and other non truths as a way to justify their importance is irrelevant to me. 

As far as commentators, I don't need someone else to tell me what I can see for myself. As far as what they might think?  Honestly? I don't think they have any idea what they're talking about or what analytics are, because if they did I'm not sure what they're disagreeing with.  Disagreeing with an opinion is one thing, but disagreeing with using concrete numerical data based on past successes and failures to help determine risk/benefit and identify inefficiencies? Idk man... 

It’s a circular argument.  Perhaps they would say 1-29 isn’t the most efficient use of your talent. 

So, let’s say, for the sake of argument, Sashi didn’t get fired. Does Hue get fired, or are they all in on 1-31 as all good and let’s look to 2018?  If so, why not come out and just say, “expect another 1-15 season. We know it, we’ve planned on it.  You just need to be patient with our young players and patient with Hue because it’s going to be bad. But please continue to come out and fill the stadium each week.” They couldn’t say that because they knew how bad it would sound. 

lf Hue was the greatest coach on the face of the earth, how many wins would that have gotten us?  An extra three a season?  But see, l think the problem was, Hue might have been “in” on the analytics at first, but soon realized its all about wins, and he needed to separate from it. The NFL is a results based business, and unfortunately for someone, 1-29 isn’t going to cut it no matter what the analytics say. And if you say in theory it was working, practically Sashi messed up by his roster management. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm in.

The NFL isn't ready for Carp fans.  Madtree and Great Lakes converging for tailgating??? Sweet baby Jesus I can see it now...

I’ll bring the Rhinegeist as well. I wonder what rules are in place to prevent this from happening. Both teams put money toward a new stadium in Columbus, then one of the teams sells its rights to the other? That team trades all its good players to the other for its bad players? Then that team disbands?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm in.

I’d be down. Fire both owners and get someone real in there.  We can bring the Great Lakes beers and they can bring the Cincinnati chili!  Both can bring the tears. Little known fact:  Great Lakes brewery uses Cleveland Brown tears for the water. Supposedly it’s inexhaustible. 

6 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’ll bring the Rhinegeist as well. I wonder what rules are in place to prevent this from happening. Both teams put money toward a new stadium in Columbus, then one of the teams sells its rights to the other? That team trades all its good players to the other for its bad players? Then that team disbands?

Partnership. We’d start off with 103 players and cut the less deserving. Lets Green Bay this crap. 

5 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

It’s a circular argument.  Perhaps they would say 1-29 isn’t the most efficient use of your talent. 

Agreed. The talent on this roster is better than 1-29 IMO, Hue's been bad.

So, let’s say, for the sake of argument, Sashi didn’t get fired. Does Hue get fired, or are they all in on 1-31 as all good and let’s look to 201 If so, why not come out and just say, “expect another 1-15 season. We know it, we’ve planned on it.  You just need to be patient with our young players and patient with Hue because it’s going to be bad. But please continue to come out and fill the stadium each week.” They couldn’t say that because they knew how bad it would sound. 

Until a couple weeks ago I advocated for keeping everyone and adding an offensives coordinator. Then Hue started throwing literally everyone under the bus.  I didn't hold his record against him because winning was never the primary goal for THIS season. At this point I'd rather just clean house, his terrible game plans and power hungry ways aren't worth the continuity he may bring.

lf Hue was the greatest coach on the face of the earth, how many wins would that have gotten us?  An extra three a season?  But see, l think the problem was, Hue might have been “in” on the analytics at first, but soon realized its all about wins, and he needed to separate from it. The NFL is a results based business, and unfortunately for someone, 1-29 isn’t going to cut it no matter what the analytics say. And if you say in theory it was working, practically Sashi messed up by his roster management. 

Hue got impatient, and for good reason, our owner is an impatient buffoon. Haslam's lack of leadership allowed Hue to reach for power and control.  I thought the nerds made it pretty clear this was a long term rebuild, I'd have thought there's no way even our impetuous owner fired them in less than 3 years....boy was I wrong.

This team has needs, WR, qb, etc., but they also have the means by which to aquire those things this offseason.

Saying Sashi's plan wasn't working is no more correct than walking into a home halfway through a total renovation and saying the contractor wasn't doing his job well because the house wasn't livable yet.  It was never intended to be at that point. If all Jimmy wanted was immediate wins, he should have hired the contractor who was just going to throw up some new paint and replace the carpet as opposed to take things down to the studs. 

14 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I'm not sure my Cleveland bros are ready for our Cincy beers man. Rheingeist, Madtree, Moerlein, Urban Artifact, etc.

A beer taste off between the two cities sound infinitely more fun than watching these two turds play football iyam.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm not sure my Cleveland bros are ready for our Cincy beers man. Rheingeist, Madtree, Moerlein, Urban Artifact, etc.

A beer taste off between the two cities sound infinitely more fun than watching these two turds play football iyam.

Oh dear lord letsgo we can handle what you got. There’s great beer made here and many micros raising up all the time. Lets join forces. If we do this we could become our own dang country. 

Archived