Davis Suspended for 2 games

The Gnat

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

yet Gronk....gets 1 game....

Davis is a repeat offender, Gronk was not. Agree or disagree but that’s the reasoning. 

As for Davis, he can play the I’m sorry stuff all he wants but nobody will ever convince me he wasn’t trying to hurt Adams. That was a filthy hit and he deserves the two games although I suspect it gets knocked down to one. 

1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

Davis is a repeat offender, Gronk was not. Agree or disagree but that’s the reasoning.

No I get it, just what Gronk did was completely different.

At least Davis was making a football play, on the football field, while being an illegal hit you can at least call it a football play..

He deserves two games no doubt, dirty, but just still have in the back of my mind of Gronk only getting one for a non football play and how dirty it was.

Why would Davis intentionally go out to hurt someone? He's viewed as one of the 'better' guys in the league. Think he won Man of the Year Award too a year ago or so.

Nothing about his character screams dirty player. I think GB fans are only upset because it happened to their team.

22 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

He is literately one of the better guys on the planet, but also has a history of helmet hits.  This one was a pretty bad one too and no where near the play.

Yup. Great guy but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s been fined for head hits before. Two games is right in line with where it should be. And, it could be reduced to one game on appeal. Regardless, really dangerous hit and there’s no room for it.

52 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why would Davis intentionally go out to hurt someone? He's viewed as one of the 'better' guys in the league. Think he won Man of the Year Award too a year ago or so.

Nothing about his character screams dirty player. I think GB fans are only upset because it happened to their team.

Who cares what he’s like off the field lol he is a repeat offender and delivered a huge blindside block by putting his helmet into a guys ear hole. Never tried to go low just aimed right at his helmet. I like how you call out Packers fans though ?

Anyone who is a great guy off the field can’t be dirty on the field..good to know bud 

2 minutes ago, Siv said:

Who cares what he’s like off the field lol he is a repeat offender and delivered a huge blindside block by putting his helmet into a guys ear hole. Never tried to go low just aimed right at his helmet. I like how you call out Packers fans though ?

Anyone who is a great guy off the field can’t be dirty on the field..good to know bud 

Not calling anyone out. It happened to the Packers and naturally their fans are going to have a negative, even perhaps delusional view on the subject. Replace "Packers" with 31 other team names and the same holds true. Ex: Lamarcus Joyner's hit to the head on Teddy Bridgewater in 2015, knocking him out.

I don't think Davis is a dirty player, or at least that he intends to be such a thing.

I feel bad for Adams. He's proven me wrong and has become a very good receiver. 

Archived