Davis Suspended for 2 games

The Gnat

3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Davis is a repeat offender, Gronk was not. Agree or disagree but that’s the reasoning. 

As for Davis, he can play the I’m sorry stuff all he wants but nobody will ever convince me he wasn’t trying to hurt Adams. That was a filthy hit and he deserves the two games although I suspect it gets knocked down to one. 

There is no rationale for him to go headhunting like that. I mean if you’re gonna go hitting like that you obviously know that is not gonna feel good. But I’m not naive to think he was trying to injure him, and yes there is a distinction. 

I’m a panthers fan and I don’t have any problem with 2 games for davis, regardless if he regrets it or not or if its the first time or not. That was a disgusting hit.

Also think gronks’ hit was much more dirty and should have resulted in a bigger supension than davis’

2 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

He is literately one of the better guys on the planet, but also has a history of helmet hits.  This one was a pretty bad one too and no where near the play.

FWIW, it was about 5 yards away from the ball. Dirty hit though. You can see why he was so upset with himself. I have to understand Adams frustration too... After that Trevaithan hit, this really has to make it feel like he's personally being targeted. 

2 games seems good to me. Gronk should have been more (much more), but I suppose the two situations don't really compare.

5 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

No I get it, just what Gronk did was completely different.

At least Davis was making a football play, on the football field, while being an illegal hit you can at least call it a football play..

He deserves two games no doubt, dirty, but just still have in the back of my mind of Gronk only getting one for a non football play and how dirty it was.

Gronk being a non-repeat offender shouldn’t have meant a darn thing IMO. Gronk should have gotten 4 games at minimum if you ask me. 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why would Davis intentionally go out to hurt someone? He's viewed as one of the 'better' guys in the league. Think he won Man of the Year Award too a year ago or so.

Nothing about his character screams dirty player. I think GB fans are only upset because it happened to their team.

Lmao man of the year means nothing when thugs like Michael Bennett are nominated 

Can't believe people are getting so worked up over this guy when the Pittsburgh Steelers have formed an entire culture and legacy behind the (worse) dirty antics of players. Hines Ward was ever media outlets favorite and they guy was head hunting every game. The NFL doesn't really care about safety or players taking dirty hits they only care about who is doing the hitting. Ben Roethlisberger's cheap shot in week 1 was far more intentional than Thomas Davis and he didn't even get a flag let alone a fine or suspension. Again the NFL only cares WHO is doing what they don't really care about safety.

Punishment has got to be more severe for these type hits that remove players from games. Obvious targeting like that has got to be an ejection and teams need to face some degree of punishment as well. 

Adams missing the rest of the game makes a huge difference when you consider how close the game was and the player who committed the deciding fumble probably wouldn't have been on the field if Adams were still available. I know injuries happen and other players have to be available, but injuries due to dirty plays are different. 

So we have one of the worst hits this whole season laid on a player who was already the victim of one of the other worst hits this season, and it possibly affected the playoff situation for the NFC. 

Dirty hit from a guy with a history of it. I don't care how sorry he is. This crap shortens careers, can cost guys millions and is completely unnecessary. Should be more like 8 game suspension if the league truly cared about player safety. There's no gray area in a hit like that. Was clearly deliberate and calculated.

Sadly, Adams looks like the next ascending GB player to possibly have his career cut short by a head or neck injury. 2 concussions like this in a matter of weeks is no joke anymore. Will be a factor in his upcoming pay day this off-season unquestionably. Shame.

No excuse for Davis.

The NFL and the rules committee are looking into targeting as a reviewable/ejectable call like it is in college.

Honestly, I'm all for it, so long as it can be reversed like college AND they also apply it to offensive guys/ball carriers. It should be just as consistent with a RB in the open field who "TRUCKS" a "defenseless" defensive player in the open field.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The NFL and the rules committee are looking into targeting as a reviewable/ejectable call like it is in college.

Honestly, I'm all for it, so long as it can be reversed like college AND they also apply it to offensive guys/ball carriers. It should be just as consistent with a RB in the open field who "TRUCKS" a "defenseless" defensive player in the open field.

I would like a version of what the NCAA does with targeting. I see a lot of guys ejected in college on tacky targeting calls.

Archived