Davis Suspended for 2 games

The Gnat

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

I would like a version of what the NCAA does with targeting. I see a lot of guys ejected in college on tacky targeting calls.

ABSOLUTELY. See, this:

Sy2vsGX.gif

The B1G even admitted that they made a mistake. But, there was nothing that they could do to over-rule his ejection and would be 1st half suspension (thankfully it was early in the game and Maryland was a joke).

They also need to evaluate hits that happen in REAL TIME (not slowed down microseconds) where a defender is CLEARLY going for the gut/lower body and the QB makes an errant throw, the WR dives/adjusts, and then gets hit above the shoulders.

See: Mike Mitchel's hit on Tyler Eifert. As much as I despise Mitchel, he's 100% right.

There should be some common sense/wiggle room here.

Problem is a lot of these guys have been doing the crack back hits or launching themselves at targets for awhile. Hard to reteach guys who have been making those types of plays since HS football. 

Lots of HS are becoming more fundamentally sound but at the same time the speed of the game is much different. 

3 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Problem is a lot of these guys have been doing the crack back hits or launching themselves at targets for awhile. Hard to reteach guys who have been making those types of plays since HS football. 

Lots of HS are becoming more fundamentally sound but at the same time the speed of the game is much different. 

Which is why you lean on the side of not ejecting guys when it comes to the gray area. 

There was no gray area here. That was an intentional killshot. 

10 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Isn't this the second time Devante Adams has been smacked in the head like this?  If it happens a third time...what does that say about him?  Fritos! 

Come on man! Let's see how you take a hit like this when you're not expecting it. He takes plenty of hits, he got blindsided Sunday.

4 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

Come on man! Let's see how you take a hit like this when you're not expecting it. He takes plenty of hits, he got blindsided Sunday.

My point is....he took another blindside hit. Didn't it happen to him earlier in the season, or was that another Packer receiver?  I could be wrong, but I think it was Adams.  If the dude takes another blindside hit, that is a pattern to me.  Then again, just because over 500,000 Cuban citizens consume Fritos on a daily basis, doesn't really make it its national food.  

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

My point is....he took another blindside hit. Didn't it happen to him earlier in the season, or was that another Packer receiver?  I could be wrong, but I think it was Adams.  If the dude takes another blindside hit, that is a pattern to me.  Then again, just because over 500,000 Cuban citizens consume Fritos on a daily basis, doesn't really make it its national food.  

No Adams didn’t take a blind side hit earlier in the year. He was held up by defenders and wasn’t going anywhere and Trevathan came in a launched himself into Adams head. Trying to blame the hits on Adams is the most asinine thing I’ve heard in a long time. Get a clue. 

14 hours ago, Ketchup said:

No Adams didn’t take a blind side hit earlier in the year. He was held up by defenders and wasn’t going anywhere and Trevathan came in a launched himself into Adams head. Trying to blame the hits on Adams is the most asinine thing I’ve heard in a long time. Get a clue. 

I am not blaming...just an observation.  And, why are you telling me what to do?  You don't know me.  You aren't my father.  That seems pretty asinine, to tell someone you don't even know what to do.  

What I find strange in how far our attitudes have come in terms of these hits. Literally yesterday I watching highlights of Reggie Bush vs Vikings in 2008 where he had 2 punt return TDS and on one of the returns Jo-Lonn Dunbar delivered a vicious crack back block in which Gruden, Tirico and another guy were essentially praising and celebrating the hit. Dunbar was essentially dancing signalling that they guys brain got scrambled and you have the commentators laughing. This was 9 years ago and look where we are now where Thomas Davis is annoyed with himself that he made that hit, Adams is upset at it, Commentators being uncomfortable and you have Davis being suspended. That contrast is night and day

17 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Isn't this the second time Devante Adams has been smacked in the head like this?  If it happens a third time...what does that say about him?  Fritos! 

What in the hell? How is this a comment on Adams? The two hits this year weren't even under the same set of circumstances. The Trevathan hit came after a catch when he was already wrapped up by another defender and couldn't move, and this hit came after an interception when he became a defender but was still 20 feet away from the ball. 

Archived